Ruhm 120gallon Living Room Peninsular Mixed Reef

After a while choosing and decide on my budget so now i can build my little reef space.

I will try to keep update on this post and stay with what i have now until i can go bigger:)

b5458196762cc686d9a24aa167d6e81c.jpg96cf13616d4117ec3df99dd0463d5f21.jpg3e777b7a132512642f9840721b6aa066.jpg5855e826348dcaa5beb258516f1feaa3.jpg25bcd19228d058ea11d36d57e181f420.jpg858568d6e2489c44e2e300dd29cce372.jpgdc57c9778a4dd7b388e1136a37a6949f.jpg0c428920370a8281724fa61dca89236d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking good Vu...you need to get that calcium reactor online.

Thank...you already see my tank...just small frag and i cònuse to hook it now...just make sure everything stable enough to start it...can i ask you some experience about calcium reactor

582636db1891d4231c70bd420c28bdf2.jpg

First time ever lost power cause by windstorm...

Smart to put a blanket on the tank to keep it warm! I didn’t think of that. Luckily we only lost power for an hour

Hopefully there was no loss of critters or corals.  I had blankets over my tanks for a few hours, then had to hook up the generator.  Calcium reactor can be intimidating until you get it going.  I would first get it running without turning the C02 on, just to get feel of things.  Then when ready, take baseline of Ca, Alk; stop your current dosing and turn on C02.  Adjust as necessary over the next week or so.  There are many folks here that have a great deal of experience.  When you are ready start a new thread, WAMAS members are more than happy to share experiences.  

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully there was no loss of critters or corals. I had blankets over my tanks for a few hours, then had to hook up the generator. Calcium reactor can be intimidating until you get it going. I would first get it running without turning the C02 on, just to get feel of things. Then when ready, take baseline of Ca, Alk; stop your current dosing and turn on C02. Adjust as necessary over the next week or so. There are many folks here that have a great deal of experience. When you are ready start a new thread, WAMAS members are more than happy to share experiences.

Everything still looking fine:) i still fill my tank up quickly:)

• 3 weeks later...

0337e12dd910674de1a94a28a175b5e6.jpg

By some how! My little goby was bullied by something which i thought is the lightfoot crab...it dead after i had tried lot of thing to save him...sad week.

How long have you had the gonipora ? it looks very healthy man,I want to get another one but never had any luck with them. 

How long have you had the gonipora ? it looks very healthy man,I want to get another one but never had any luck with them.

It could be two month already in my tank:)....my tank really high of nutrient:(

• 2 weeks later...

52a13be8aac89d6771a73cce0f3ecbae.jpg852e1d5a66d5e225a1b3f27b36ae76ad.jpg

I still not happy with my light setup until i turn on my diy t5 and WOW...it almost make me cry...the light easy cover every area i never feel before..the color and the shade.

I have seen a lot of tank with t5 led combo but the feeling we see our come to new lighting.

And thank you Alan for the Par meter. I help me out a lot.

027a0eb1ae4e12eb4aac02388dfad1c5.jpg612b6a6c9ef09fbfc552cff2410e6b26.jpg

Calcium reactor start to stable, everything is except my overflow:(...

How i can get everything out, drilled my tank and move them back just in one day:(....

Hospital tank?.

You don't need to get everything out to drill your tank. Just drain the water level down low enough and drill. It's less work than breaking down the whole tank, and it would be the exact same thing. Make sure you have all your plumbing and bulkheads on hand, as you'll not have a lot of margin for error. Also, I would suggest using brand new drill bits. Get a spray bottle with water, and have a buddy keep the glass wet, let the drill do the work, and go slow. 

You don't need to get everything out to drill your tank. Just drain the water level down low enough and drill. It's less work than breaking down the whole tank, and it would be the exact same thing. Make sure you have all your plumbing and bulkheads on hand, as you'll not have a lot of margin for error. Also, I would suggest using brand new drill bits. Get a spray bottle with water, and have a buddy keep the glass wet, let the drill do the work, and go slow.

e6cd4280480160b531c6764dc2894a07.jpg

Thank you for your reply...the pic just show why i so sad when i placed this tank. So now i just dont know what to do...i have the other 75 gallon setup ready for water down in basement...still thinking to move everything down there and make a whole new system.

e6cd4280480160b531c6764dc2894a07.jpg

Thank you for your reply...the pic just show why i so sad when i placed this tank. So now i just dont know what to do...i have the other 75 gallon setup ready for water down in basement...still thinking to move everything down there and make a whole new system.

I see your concern now. 

If you're serious about drilling it, here's what I would do.

1.) Find a rubbermaid container stock, 100-150 gallon. you could probably borrow one from somebody. 

2.) Drain as much of water out, and remove as much of the rock (the heavy stuff) you can, and slide the tank out far enough that you can reach behind/get behind, or pivot the tank on an angle/diagnol. 

3.) Drill it, shouldn't take more than 20 minutes

4.) Make sure you have all the plumbing, bulkheads, proper overflow, etc. in order to have it reach your sump.Make sure you do it right, because once you pump all the water and rocks back in, you don't want to find out it's leaking, and have to move it all back to trouble shoot. 

I see your concern now.

If you're serious about drilling it, here's what I would do.

1.) Find a rubbermaid container stock, 100-150 gallon. you could probably borrow one from somebody.

2.) Drain as much of water out, and remove as much of the rock (the heavy stuff) you can, and slide the tank out far enough that you can reach behind/get behind, or pivot the tank on an angle/diagnol.

3.) Drill it, shouldn't take more than 20 minutes

4.) Make sure you have all the plumbing, bulkheads, proper overflow, etc. in order to have it reach your sump.Make sure you do it right, because once you pump all the water and rocks back in, you don't want to find out it's leaking, and have to move it all back to trouble shoot.

c8302028035c878e77cd5c10f8fc0f14.jpg

I think this would be better for later....messing my own space:3

• 1 month later...
(edited)

3d65948e32a532d66cc97af9fba5f208.jpg

Have it done for over a months, so busy to keep update.. broke my tank down, drill it and lifted everything down to basement by myself:(. Tank has been good now.. sps encrusted and start to grow fast. The only problem is ph drop to 7.8 and i still think how to solve it.

Edited by rvu1710

Good job drilling! That will make everything easier!