250DD build

dfloydvt

Let the new adventures begin. Picked up a Marineland 250dd. Working with Ben A to get stand and canopy built. Official build will start in March after renovations to townhouse are completed.

Equipment list looking to do. Some items already picked up. Any suggestions are welcomed

Wave line dc12000 pump
Apex
4 - Radion Xr30w Pro

2 - Apex WAV
2 - 500 watt titanium heater
Trigger Systems Emerald 39 sump

Aquamaxx EM300 Skimmer

Edited by dfloydvt

• 4 weeks later...

about 3 weeks away from beginning set up. Got most of the big items for this build, just need to order new heaters. Very excited to see how the stand and canopy that Ben A is building turns out especially after seeing some of his work. Here is my non artist sketch of what looking at doing. Floor to ceiling design with bar on front. Any suggestions or advice is more than welcomed

IMG 3154

• 3 weeks later...
Big thanks to BenA for the work done so far on the stand. Pictures doesn't do his work justice

Also Thank you to Jeff(Linkfalcon) for doing the plumbing.

IMG 3237

IMG 3240

IMG 3241

IMG 3242

IMG 3243

IMG 3244

IMG 3245

Glad you were able to get the lights hung. Any issues with the bar top or frame? I think its going to look really sharp once I finish the canopy and skin the frame, jelouse of it already.

As always, Ben has provided some exceptional carpentry. I think you're right, the hood will seal the deal. Can you walk all the way around this tank? 

As always, Ben has provided some exceptional carpentry. I think you're right, the hood will seal the deal. Can you walk all the way around this tank?

There is about 14” behind the tank to work behind. Wish had a little more but can fit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Looks nice. How high are your lights mounted?

They are about 12-14” above. Just on a temporary pvc stand until canopy is finished

• 2 weeks later...

This is already a boss tank, looking forward to seeing the final trim and hood added. 

This is already a boss tank, looking forward to seeing the final trim and hood added.

Thank you sir