Same coral, same light but different color?

bk_market

I have a colony of forest fire digi. I broke off a branch and moved it nearby. After 2 months the branch I broke off double in size and changed to different color. However, both the frag and the mother colony is at same height to the light. Maybe flow?

d7693af1e9127406c2355f67e1b58155.jpg

680a9f39c6ba951fa1a6df20a017fb2b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(edited)

They both under the same LED hydra HD unit and they are not that far from each other. I am thinking flow but I didn’t think that flow affect color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by bk_market

I'm seeing it with the exact same piece, Forrest fire digi. I didn't have two of the same, but I moved it, and it changed color. It was receiving more directional flow. 

I have a bunch of Pavona that is much darker color in different locations, and my candy cane corals all from the same original parent are sometimes totally different colors, depending on location.

I sometimes wonder if corals in adjacent spaces influences the zooxanthallae that corals pick up and host. 

I have a very similar situation in my tank. Purchased 2 monti cap at the same time, one orange and one green. They’re right next to each other about mid tank. The green one has tripled in size but the orange one hasn’t grown a bit. They’re prob no more than 2 inches apart. Running radion xr15