#1 Origami

Origami

President Emeritus

• President Emeritus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,560 posts
  • Interests:Scuba, reefkeeping

Posted 13 December 2017 - 10:54 AM

It's been years since we named a Picture of the Month. We've had plenty of great pictures from the community, so I know that we have a lot of pretty decent photographers and tanks with some great color or other interesting stuff happening for subject matter. So, why not get started again?

Like many of you, I recently came across a thread with a picture that just struck me as interesting. Member D805 (Juan) posted this picture of his Cyphastrea (LPS) consuming a mysis shrimp. A moment in time. A meal consumed. Life in motion.

So, let's do it. Let's call it Picture of the Month and maybe use this opportunity as inspiration to resurrect this long-dormant feature.

Congratulations, Juan! Cool pic!

gallery_2631296_685_21211.jpg

Tom

Main tank: 210g display (mostly SPS), 50g custom NAGA-built frag, 20g & 15g aux. tanks, and 100g Rubbermaid sump. Three Ecotech Radion XR30W's (G3) for main tank lighting. Four Ecotech Vortech MP40WQDs and 2 Maxspect 250 Gyres for flow. GSA Custom 12 modified with 2 Waveline DC6000 pumps, Avast media reactors running carbon & GFO (sometimes), Avast Vibe reactor running biopellets, Deltec KM500 Kalk Stirrer, Korallin C4002 Calcium Reactor modded with internal pH probe, Avast ozone reactor (decommissioned), Reeflo Dart main pump.

Why join WAMAS? Here's one hobbyist's testimonial.

Please support our club sponsors whenever you can. Please support your LFS and realize that your support can help them, you, and future hobbyists that may find their start in the hobby locally.

#2 YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefapotomus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,685 posts
  • Interests:Nature, Water, Aquariums, Jeeps, Food, Cooking, Non-Profits, laughing, gross national happiness.

Posted 13 December 2017 - 11:54 AM

Cool! Congrats! Sweet photo!

“Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again, but life goes on.” - Fred Jung

"Life is no way to treat an animal" - Kurt Vonnegut
YHSublime's Living Room Nano Peninsula 

#3 gmerek2

gmerek2

Oracle Reefer

• WAMAS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,163 posts
  • Interests:acropora, SPS

Posted 13 December 2017 - 02:29 PM

Nice shot! Biting off more than it can chew lol

#4 D805

D805

Starfish

• WAMAS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 09:12 AM

Thank you for choosing my photo. When I first saw it I thought it was just some sand that I might of kicked up when I was feeding the tank. When I took a closer look I realized it was the mysis I had been feeding. I figured I should snap a pic. This guy was sure hungry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users