Clownfish aggressiveness

Nakie31

Hello all I have a clownfish that is chasing one of my fire fish Gobies if I remove the clown for a few days, and change the rocks around will this change the territory for the clown and stop the aggression against the fire fish?

I have had two clowns in my tanks for 15 months. Everything has been great until I got a RTBA about 2 months ago. The larger clown hosted to the RBTA almost immediately and now she is very aggressive towards me! The other fish are not being harassed but I am guaranteed to be bitten at least 50 times each week when I clean my tank!

I just gave up on trying to do anything about and I am just glad the clown took to the RBTA since it had been in the tank so long without an anemone

Ok but will the clown stress the fire fish to much or do you think it will resolve itself, and I should just leave things alone.

Is one/both fish new? Sometimes it does take time for them to settle their differences.

Monitor the fish and see how much aggression there is. Are there any physical signs such as torn fins? Is the fish always hiding and not eating? If so, then you can either isolate the fish with a physical barrier (e.g. eggcrate if they are large enough not to fit through the holes) or temporarily remove the aggressor and then reintroduce it later. An acclimation box can also help.

If there is just some harassing then I would just monitor and be ready with a plan if it gets too rough.