Live Aquaria woes

zygote2k

I meant Quality Marine, not Sustainable Aquatics and yes LA was purchased by United Pet Group who owns Petco, Aqueon Drs Foster and Smith.

People need to keep in mind that LA and Diver's Den are extremely different. Divers Den has a whole QT process that their fish go through, which is why they are a bit more expensive and a WYSIWYG type of sale. LA is just a normal online fish seller. I've never had an issue with Diver's Den but I still usually QT my purchases from them regardless but at the same time none of those fish have ever showed an illness but that's just my experience.

Live Aquaria uses two facilities, but in reality only one of these facilities is actually run by Live Aquaria. The Rhinelander Wisconsin facility is the Live Aquaria Diver's Den shop. They own and run it. The Los Angeles facility is actually a distributor known as Sustainable Aquatics, all livestock coming from Live Aquaria's west coast facility is shipped directly from SA.

Where did you get that information about Sustainable Aquatics? I have a hard time believing it is correct.

It's Quality Marine who owns the West Coast Live Aquaria distribution point. I actually spoke with a Live Aquaria rep on the phone when I was having issues getting a healthy H Magnifica anemone from them, she confirmed this information. 

Apparently when I posted, the post with the corrected information was not showing up yet. Sorry.