"NEW" Zoa challenge Signup thread.

dpassar12

START Winter (Annual) Meeting: January 27, 2018

END    Summer (FragFest) Meetng: July 22, 2018

RULES FOR THE CONTEST ONCE IT STARTS IN JANUARY PLEASE READ: 

1. Everyone should post a quick write-up of their system(lighting, reactors, size, dosing feeding, etc) posted to this thread before the first photo updates.

2. You will be required to post photo updates each month in this thread also(6 photos). You will have a two-week window-- a week before and after the 20th of each month. I will post reminders and pm anyone getting close to the deadline. Failure to do so will result in disqualification. For the last month, the window for photos will only be the week before.

3. Please, no cheating. Cheaters will be disqualified. This is meant to be fun and fair for everyone.

4. Zoas must remain on original plug unless given permission to put on a larger plug/ceramic plate. This has to be supported with a picture of the original plug being too full and a picture after on the new plug/plate.

5. If you drop out or fail to post on time there will be no refund as all the money went to pay for the zoa

1. dpassar12

2. schgr.cube

3. D805

4. smh254

We will be getting pics of several Zoanthids to vote on between $25-$40. Whichever Zoa is gets the most votes that will be the entry cost. All of that money goes to the Zoa provider. You keep your frag at the end. So if you win or lose you still have a very expensive polyp and hopefully it is much larger. Prizes to be announced soon ( anyone who wants to donate frags or other reef related items let me know.

The criteria for the choice of Zoanthids: it must be named, colorful, able to provide at least 12 "SINGLE" polyps and be between $25-$40. I am working with a sponsor right now and should have some pics soon. Plan on picking up the Zoa at the winter meeting. If you can't make the meeting I live in Leesburg you could pick it up at my house after the meeting as long as I know to bring yours home. I could drive a bit to meet you in NOVA Remember I will be at this meeting most of the day and do not look forward to driving all over the place to deliver a polyp to you. Try to make the meeting or have someone from your area, arrange to pick it up for you and you can pick it up closer to your house. This is alive, please don't kill it on day one. You will not get your money back. First 12 Members get in. I will update this thread as participants sign up. Follow this thread. Toward the begining of the contest I will make a new thread for the duration of the contest. To sign up just respond to this thread with I'm in. first come first serve. Please do not sign up if you are not serious. If you have questions post them here.

Thanks Dan

Edited by dpassar12

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woo! I'm super excited to be a part of this one, I love fancy zoas.

Latest (not fully up to date) FTS:

37322777370_67a5059a2f_b.jpg

Setup:

• Tank: Innovative Marine Fusion 25 Lagoon
  • Lighting: NanoBox Reef Hybrid with ATI Coral+ and ATI Blue+
  • Heater: 75w Cobalt Neo Therm x2
  • Flow: Stock pump, Hydor Koralia Nano
  • Filtration: inTank fliter floss holder x2, inTank Fuge basket
  • Live rock: 12.5lbs of mixed fiji and real reef live rock
  • Live sand: 30lbs of aragonite sand

Filtration and maintenance:

• Filter floss in both holders, changed twice a week. Fuge basket has chaeto, with a LED grow light
  • 2 gallon water change once a month with Reef Crystals
  • Acropower once a week
  •  

Build thread on WAMAS: http://wamas.org/forums/topic/82894-schgrcubes-innovative-marine-25-lagoon/

Can't wait to see what zoas we get to vote on!

Nice thanks, I am donating a frag. At the end I will ask the winner what type they like SPS LPS etc... I have a lot of coral so I will leave it up to the winner to pick..  so far 2 frags... dpassar12 and molcott... I am working on some other stuff I will announce later.. 

It's a death match, LMAO. However last round the winner was the only member running T5's. The rest of us, I believe were running LEDS. That being said we post our setups and tank parameters in the begining and the end (voluntary). It would be interesting to see if the winner again was running T5's.