Algae identification?

Okay... so I'm going to run chemipure again, NOPOX dose, Siphon everything off, do a lights out period for as long as I possibly can without killing my corals, and do a large water change.

How long can I keep the lights out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay... so I'm going to run chemipure again, NOPOX dose, Siphon everything off, do a lights out period for as long as I possibly can without killing my corals, and do a large water change.

How long can I keep the lights out?

If you bring that clown over, in sending ya home with chemiclean. It’ll be gone in two days.

• 4 weeks later...

Turned the powerheads up all the way, added a bag of chemipure elite, did a 1 week lights out period, scrubbed the rock in tank, took all the algae off and now it's still here but I also have green hair algae! Also tested for phospate on a low range Hanna checker: 0.00. Any suggestions?

• 2 months later...

Probably not. All the LFSs I've seen use a digital tester which are much more accurate than api. Something like this:

chemetrics_total_phosphate_test_kit.jpg

I did a quick search of this (to include on Chemetrics' website) and couldn't find it.   How does one purchase such a thing?

Hanna (Hanna Instruments) makes a line of hobbyist grade testers called "checkers." But, they also make lab grade photometric equipment that costs considerably more.

Hanna (Hanna Instruments) makes a line of hobbyist grade testers called "checkers." But, they also make lab grade photometric equipment that costs considerably more.

Thanks!  Yeah, I have their Alk and PO4 checker.  The only nitrate tester I've seen from them is a $200 probe-thingummy.