Hello from Lake Ridge, VA!

Hello ladies and gentleman,

Wanted to get my kids something interesting besides TV and games, so we put together a freshwater tank with some Zebra Danios and such.  Since that day about a month or so ago , I can't look away from them! I find myself thinking of what they are doing while I am at work (the kids as well as the fish) I started to read up and been engrossed daily about saltwater tanks! Everything from cycling to compatibility, LPS and SPS is fascinating! I am constantly reading about all I can and my wallet/credit cards are tired lol!Currently finishing the cycle for a 20  long Saltwater awaiting additions of coral and stock of fish/inverts, looking to prove to my wife that we need a 100 gallon plus tank once this one is a success. I hope that you guys can steer me in the right direction!

Welcome! I think that you'll like it here. We're a friendly and thriving community. Keep reading and ask questions. Most of all, have patience and take it slow. It's not at all like you see in "Tanked." Small tanks can be pretty unstable because there's a lot less water to absorb changes, but they can be managed. Looking forward to seeing and hearing about what you're up to. Enjoy!

Welcome! If you are putting coral in this early, make sure you start with some cheap, easy to care for corals. Maybe some softies and an LPS or 2. Like Tom said, take it slow. Slow is key in this hobby. Welcome again!

Welcome to the forum and we're also in Lake Ridge, glad to see more people from the neighborhood!  :clap:

• 4 months later...