My 325 in Sterling VA!

TonyB13

So my clowns have laid eggs, not really sure what to do, wondering if they are going to become fish food? My Gf is getting upset that I am not doing something about it, they are on a giant bolder and i am not willing to yank out the rock and move it not even sure if they would survive if i did move the rock. Can i catch themafter they hatch?

Any advice will be appreciated.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So my clowns have laid eggs, not really sure what to do, wondering if they are going to become fish food? My Gf is getting upset that I am not doing something about it, they are on a giant bolder and i am not willing to yank out the rock and move it not even sure if they would survive if i did move the rock. Can i catch themafter they hatch?

Any advice will be appreciated.

Rearing them requires special live foods (rotifers) and some research. You don't yet have the equipment, so yes, they basically be me fish food at this point. However, if you'd like to learn more, Joyce Wilkerson's book on clownfishes is the place to start.

Sent from my LG-V510 using Tapatalk

Thanks origami, will do. I am not looking to bread them just really don't want to see them get eaten guess if they hatch I will try to catch them

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Thanks origami, will do. I am not looking to bread them just really don't want to see them get eaten guess if they hatch I will try to catch them

Tony, once the eggs are ready (about 7-10 days after laid) , they'll change to a silvery color. They'll hatch that night soon after the lights go out. They'll be tiny and will likely go over your overflow. The few that might survive will exhaust their food (yolk sac) and will starve if not eaten first. In addition to pumps and other hazards, our tanks simply do not have the diversity of microscopic plankton to feed clownfish hatchlings.

Sent from my LG-V510 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Any apex experts out there that would be willing to chat and give some directions for set up specifically brs dosing pump set up

I am on there, all i have is the rest of today and tomorrow to finish setting this thing up Sunday i am going out of state for short little deployment , just struggling with a few things like setting up my brs dosing pumps.

• 1 month later...

I purchased a max gyer 280 looking to put in battery backup how do I go about it, I'm thinking of using an ups system

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Not sure how to figure this, under this colony there is what I can best describe as a mud hornet looking thing I see two antena sticki g out of his little nest I tried poking at it and the shell is hard and he goes back in. Help outpost-2636297-149817645573_thumb.jpg

I squirted some apteisa killer in its hole I think it's dead.jere are some updated pictures of my tank0149da5bb08df9e7038256da463bed4c.jpg2950eaf64dfc7783b752fb8804289da1.jpgfa957f3d3a207b61ad49cd2471caea76.jpg

• 7 months later...

Well here I am about a year later. I am pretty happy with it. Still haven't got the hang of keeping the color on some corals but working on it.30cf5556338534df94d1f1706482ba68.jpg8af0801ab29ca6e7964f71d32a6d6d20.jpg848d2f3cb6d7e4606220ca226a725d9d.jpg1dd226f0ba6ee89ac45b74ef18d3d592.jpg3fefe5f8d83fdff430cf3904a34ca8ae.jpg