Hitchhiker: should I worry?

mogurnda

A few corals rode in with some Bryopsis that DCReefer generously gave me.  What species are they?  Should I worry that they will take over my tank? Are they pests?

A colony on the rocks:

2322_acro100116.jpg

Here are a few frags in the overflow/frag area

2324_acro100116.jpg

Hydrogen peroxide is effective at combating bryopsis. Four minutes is the magic number apparently.

Sorry, I was trying to figure out the species of Acro.  I guess the humor didn't work.

Definitely a problem, Dave. If you want, cut away the bryopsis and give me the coral so they don't invade your system. I'd hate to see them flourish and grow to pest proportions and starve out your bryopsis culture. 

Yea I have seen this pest before. You can drop them off at my house for proper disposal before they rapidly uptake nutrient and starve out everything. They look ugly too nobody wants them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, I was trying to figure out the species of Acro.  I guess the humor didn't work.

I didnt see any bryopsis but thought I'd  provide some info regardless. Majority of pics these days dont illustrate what is happening so I just figured there was something at the base of these. My bad LOL.

Definitely a problem, Dave. If you want, cut away the bryopsis and give me the coral so they don't invade your system. I'd hate to see them flourish and grow to pest proportions and starve out your bryopsis culture. 

Yea I have seen this pest before. You can drop them off at my house for proper disposal before they rapidly uptake nutrient and starve out everything. They look ugly too nobody wants them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I appreciate it, guys.  One can always count on WAMAS members to take one for the team.  I will probably post about the two small frags for the next meeting.  Any idea of what it is?  There don't seem to be any actual corallites, except ffor the apical corallites.  I guess I should just check with Haywood.

BTW.  No Bryopsis in this system  I am having a heck of a time keeping it alive  :unsure:

I didnt see any bryopsis but thought I'd  provide some info regardless. Majority of pics these days dont illustrate what is happening so I just figured there was something at the base of these. My bad LOL.

My bad, really.  Hitchhiker posts often have lousy pix and hasty prose, so I can see how you interpreted it that way.  

Dave, looks like an A. lokani to me.  Bring it to me and I'll get rid of it for you and help you grow your bryposis slug food colonies back up to par.  Your tank is pretty ugly with all of those SPS colonies dirtying it up, would look much better if you could somehow restore the lush growth of bryopsis.

Dave, looks like an A. lokani to me.  Bring it to me and I'll get rid of it for you and help you grow your bryposis slug food colonies back up to par.  Your tank is pretty ugly with all of those SPS colonies dirtying it up, would look much better if you could somehow restore the lush growth of bryopsis.

I just feel like a loser for not being able to get sustainable growth of the stuff.  A. lokani looks like a good candidate.

Say WHAT !!!!!!

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

Remember the algae-covered plugs you gave me?  Some of the corals came back nicely.  You want some back?