Clownfish Hosting Anemone

blank

Oh my gosh. I always thought Clownfish hosting anemone was kind of an one sided thing but when I was feeding my tank today, the momma clown took a large piece of meat and fed the anemone. It was THE most ADORABLE thing I've seen XD 

Oh my gosh. I always thought Clownfish hosting anemone was kind of an one sided thing but when I was feeding my tank today, the momma clown took a large piece of meat and fed the anemone. It was THE most ADORABLE thing I've seen XD 

I've had a number over the years and I've never seen a clown share before. I've read encounters but I always figured the owner to be delusional LOL. Now if by sharing, one suggested my anemone was sharing its food with the cleaner shrimp, I'd believe that no questions asked.

Edited by madweazl

It's neat to see, yeah? Normally my clowns pull food from the nem that gets stuck on its tentacles, not the other way around! Sometimes they feed the nem, usually when i feel LRS. 

Yeah I  Was feeding them LRS Nano. She ate maybe 6ish pieces then grabbed a huge chunk that I couldn't split up and spit it on the nem! XD What cuties. 

It can get pretty frustrating sometimes. My female, a maroon/ocellaris hybrid and kind of a jerk, will grab large chunks of food meant for the CBB and blue spot puffer and drag it back immediately to her rainbow nem. For this reason, I've always had anemone's that exploded in growth. It'd be way more adorable if it were pellet food and not crazy expensive (and totally worth it) LRS. For this reason, I first drop in a bunch of pellets for the clown and super fat one-spot foxface to munch on so that they ignore at least some of the good stuff (though they get their fair share).

It can get pretty frustrating sometimes. My female, a maroon/ocellaris hybrid and kind of a jerk, will grab large chunks of food meant for the CBB and blue spot puffer and drag it back immediately to her rainbow nem. For this reason, I've always had anemone's that exploded in growth. It'd be way more adorable if it were pellet food and not crazy expensive (and totally worth it) LRS. For this reason, I first drop in a bunch of pellets for the clown and super fat one-spot foxface to munch on so that they ignore at least some of the good stuff (though they get their fair share).

oh god XD that sounds terrible

Mine's the same way. It's cute when it first happens... not so much anymore when she steals it from other fish and even my spot fed acans!

Mine's the same way. It's cute when it first happens... not so much anymore when she steals it from other fish and even my spot fed acans!

I feed my acans after the lights go out for this reason. It takes some training but once they get used to being fed at night their mouths are wide open waiting for it.