THE DUTCHMAN'S REEF

NamReefs

I went there over the weekend . They got very nice size fish in there . Colorful from Hawaii . I seen tinker butterfly ..bandit angel and Achilles ..........

• 2 weeks later...

This guy has some really nice fish for a great price. I go there when I'm looking for something exotic  for my tank.  I got my Copperband butterfly fish and a Potter angle fish for great price. 

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to post my experience over at the dutchmans reef in sterling. I was over there yesterday and all I have to say is wow!! There are really some amazing fish and the prices are great. I picked up a Sailfin Tang, Desjardini and he is doing great. He just got a stock in, so there is so many fish to choose from. He even had a couple sharks and sting rays which I had never seen before. Wish I could add them to my tank =(

Anyways!

If anyone else has had experience with this LFS I would love to hear from you. Definitely going back there today to grab a mandarin goby  :clap: 

Youtube link I saw of his store

I have been to this store yesterday...bought an achilles tang...they have a variety of exotic fish with wide variety of sizes...got a chance to look at the piebald tang too. The owner is very responsive and a good listener. 

Does anyone know if he's open for thanksgiving and black Friday? I'm sure he has some deals going on

I asked about this...they are closed on Thanksgiving day and Friday I believe. Call them...I am sure the owner would pick it up. I dont know if they have any black friday sales...but they have very good prices for sure around this area.

• 2 months later...

Hi Everyone,

If you are looking to add new fish, you should def check out the new inventory at the dutchmans reef. I was over there yesterday and picked up 

2 morrish Idol

1 Achilles Tang

1 potter angel

1 kole tang

All the fish are doing amazing and no issues with eating. I believe he still has a sale going on as well.

the problem is that you have to catch him when hes there.  He was switched to online only now.  He is very nice and if hes there, will let you in and buy, but its hard to plan to go not knowing if hes going to be there.  But...Indeed, he has very nice healthy fish.  Some of his display fish are the best i've seen

the problem is that you have to catch him when hes there.  He was switched to online only now.  He is very nice and if hes there, will let you in and buy, but its hard to plan to go not knowing if hes going to be there.  But...Indeed, he has very nice healthy fish.  Some of his display fish are the best i've seen

You can "schedule and appointment" with him. Most of the time if you just message him on FB and say "Hey, can I stop by at XX?" He will be there for you. 

I usually just go during his open hours and he has always been there, or as David mentioned I will message him directly on his cell or FB and he will be available. I have actually ordered and picked up using his website before also, that way I can secure the fish I want =)

His fish in the Display Tank are awesome, my favorite has to be the bandit Angels he has  :ph34r:

I think it would be cool if he had meetups at his place, where we can all go and trade corals etc. Would anyone be interested if I ran the idea by him? worth a shot haha

Edited by Ajvans_world

I usually just go during his open hours and he has always been there, or as David mentioned I will message him directly on his cell or FB and he will be available. I have actually ordered and picked up using his website before also, that way I can secure the fish I want =)

His fish in the Display Tank are awesome, my favorite has to be the bandit Angels he has  :ph34r:

I think it would be cool if he had meetups at his place, where we can all go and trade corals etc. Would anyone be interested if I ran the idea by him? worth a shot haha

Encourage him to sponsor the club. He sold here for a very long time, first as a hobbyist and then, under the radar, more like a commercial entity. We had to ask him to discontinue his commercial sales here if he wasn't going to be a sponsor as it was undercutting the value of our sponsorship program. I love that he's making a real, above-board go of this. As a sponsor, we could have a "real" WAMAS social - or meet up - there.