Really Crappy End To This Monday

Squishie89

I came to feed my fish and my starry blenny, Van Gogh was no where to be seen. This is VERY unusual as he always comes to greet me and likes dinner time. I had seen him last night before I went to bed so I know he was fine then. Checked the footage from the past 24 hours from the webcam and could see something had been in his old clam shell. I looked in there and saw him curled up. I got the clam shell out and got him out and he was still alive, but barely. Very lethargic, pale, breathing heavy and skinnier than I had realized. He had been off/on eating for the past 3 months or so, I could not figure it out, but he seemed fine (I know I sound like a jerk right now). I was hoping he might recover but hours after he was still breathing badly and not doing well, drifting off to his side or upside down. I decided it was time to euthanize him as I don't think he would recover, I was able to grab him multiple times (never a good sign). He is in a cup in the sump while I wait for my Dad to come back with clove oil/eugenol (I used to have some for things like this but of course cannot find it).

zxQDu1.jpg
hpOz3Q.jpg
lTtZlF.jpg

I will miss you buddy, thank you for being such a wonderful fish and friend.

Sorry about your fishie :( I had to put down a dog I had for 15 years. He went blind then lost his sense of smell. Bumped into walls couldn't find food. I would die a little everyday guiding him to food. Water. Around the house. For the end he wouldn't eat. Wa suffering. So. Has to do what I had to do. My eyes are actually welling now it's Been 8 years.....That's the bad part about animals they leave us too soon.

Edited by Joshifer

Sorry for your loss, Jessica. Some blending have so much personality, it seems. It makes it that much harder.

Sent from my LG-V510 using Tapatalk