MACNA 2017 - New Orleans, LA

Announced this morning.

Marine Aquarium Conference of North America ® 2017 (MACNA ®) to be hosted in New Orleans, Louisiana

New Orleans, LA – August 29, 2016 – Bayou Reefkeeping (BRK) is elated to announce that MACNA® 2017 will be held in New Orleans, Louisiana, August 25th-27th, 2017 at the Ernest M. Morial Convention Center and Hilton Riverside Hotel.

MACNA® 2017 is proudly sponsored by: Aquaforest, Deepwater Distribution, Maxspect International, Central Pets, Coral Vue, Reef Nutrition, eShopps, and more! MACNA® is widely considered to be the top conference and trade show in the marine aquarium industry.

MACNA® attracts attendees from all over the world that come to see the industry’s newest product offerings from the top manufacturers in the industry and interact with some of the brightest minds in the marine aquarium hobby.

MACNA® is currently in its 29th year and 2017 will mark its first trip to the great state of Louisiana, the heart of the Gulf Coast region. For more information regarding MACNA® 2017, please visit www.macnaconference.org/2017.

BRK is a registered 501©(7) non-profit educational organization dedicated to supporting the local aquarium hobby through educational outreach, fostering new hobbyists, and furthering the advancement of captive bred marine life. www.bayoureefkeeping.com 

MACNA® is a registered trademark of the Marine Aquarium Societies of North America (MASNA®). For more details about MASNA® and its member clubs, please visit www.masna.org.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome.  New Orleans!  

And the location is right next to the Audubon Aquarium of the Americas.  Seems pretty ideal.

Keep an eye out for their website to open soon. The best time to get a ticket is during MACNA the year before. MACNA 2016 starts Friday, next week.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The food alone there makes it worth the trip

I've never been and that was the first thought that came to mind when I got the email. lol

I've never been and that was the first thought that came to mind when I got the email. lol

I've not been either. I'm going to make sure that I pick up some tickets for this one!

• 3 weeks later...

Told my gf MACNA is in NO next year. She immediately bought 2 tickets :). Only compromise is we have to go a few days before to spend time with her family.

Told my gf MACNA is in NO next year. She immediately bought 2 tickets :). Only compromise is we have to go a few days before to spend time with her family.

:thumbsup:

Taking 5 days vacation to go. Its a definite now.  Only have to figure out what level I want on my tickets. 

You want the full conference pass. It's the best value right now. The price may hit as high as $160 or more for the full conference pass closer to the conference. The full conference pass includes the banquet and the reception.

You want the full conference pass. It's the best value right now. The price may hit as high as $160 or more for the full conference pass closer to the conference. The full conference pass includes the banquet and the reception.

Just waiting to see if my wife wants to go to the banquet with me or not

Just waiting to see if my wife wants to go to the banquet with me or not

I see. Keep in mind that the full conference pass (admission, reception and banquet) tickets are now $99 (chicken meal)/$109 (beef meal), and that the banquet alone is $75/$85 and the reception is $60 if purchased separately. I don't know what the final price is that NO will offer on the FCP, but I'm sure that it'll be at or higher than $169 in the end. While the price of the FCP will go up (most likely on October 1 for the first price increase), the separate reception and banquet prices look to be locked based upon the details page. 

Hi all! We are thrilled to see the enthusiasm here for MACNA 2017 in New Orleans! My name is Greg and I am one of the directors of Bayou Reefkeeping. I founded the club in March of 2011 along with a few others and we have been full steam ahead ever since to bring MACNA to New Orleans. We host an annual show called Fragniappe and we have enjoyed it a great deal the past three years. Next year it will be the fourth annual Fragniappe in March AND MACNA at the end of August!

MACNA 2017 Full Conference Passes are still starting at $99 for a few more days!

Get your pass soon before the price goes up!

http://www.macnaconference.org/2017/registration/

Hi all! We are thrilled to see the enthusiasm here for MACNA 2017 in New Orleans! My name is Greg and I am one of the directors of Bayou Reefkeeping. I founded the club in March of 2011 along with a few others and we have been full steam ahead ever since to bring MACNA to New Orleans. We host an annual show called Fragniappe and we have enjoyed it a great deal the past three years. Next year it will be the fourth annual Fragniappe in March AND MACNA at the end of August!

MACNA 2017 Full Conference Passes are still starting at $99 for a few more days!

Get your pass soon before the price goes up!

http://www.macnaconference.org/2017/registration/

Thanks for stopping by, Greg. Give our best to Adam and the team. See you next year!

Sent from my LG-V510 using Tapatalk

Thanks for stopping by, Greg. Give our best to Adam and the team. See you next year!

Sent from my LG-V510 using Tapatalk

Of course. I hear you're always wanting to do more MACNA work, so just tell them when you're ready. ;)

Looking forward to it for sure. Sounds like it will be epic.

Make sure the reefs.com guys get a hotel room in a spot that can take noisy late night drinking. They tend to attract the speakers and deep divers and Koji to the party and they go pretty late.

Looking forward to it for sure. Sounds like it will be epic.

Make sure the reefs.com guys get a hotel room in a spot that can take noisy late night drinking. They tend to attract the speakers and deep divers and Koji to the party and they go pretty late.

+1. Josh is probably going to want to set up a lounge of some sort, too.

Booked your MACNA 2017 hotel room yet? You get first choice of room type when booking early!

hotel1.jpg

Rooms are available with 1 king or 2 queen beds and there are three price levels.

$149 per night, Standard room with no view option.

$159 per night, Deluxe room with choice of City view or River view. Higher Floors in Main Building or Riverside Buildings.

$199 per night, Executive Level room on highest floors, featuring access to the 29th floor Executive Lounge offering panoramic city and river views, complimentary continental breakfast and afternoon hors d'oeuvres.

3rd and 4th adult in a room are +$30/night each.

hotel2.jpg

hotel3.jpg