Best lighting for a 5.5 gal nano tank?

John-Solo

I'm thinking of setting up a 5.5gal tank for my work. I'd like to have coral and one maybe 2 fish. What are your suggestion for lighting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use a wavepoint for my 2.6 and its seems to do fine.  I got the 6 inch but the 12 inch is $69.  From the videos of reefs that use it... keeps up to low light sps

Edited by Keraxis

(edited)

awesome! Im planing it all out right now and setting a budget aside. I was going to us a 5.5 that I had laying around my house but I got my hands on a 14 gal bio-cube so my demotions have changed. Im definitely going to up grade the lighting still. maybe do the LED med for the hood or will just take the hood off. I saw that the SBReef light had a larger model that is still well priced.  can't wait to get this this set up. 

Edited by John-Solo

awesome! Im planing it all out right now and setting a budget aside. I was going to us a 5.5 that I had laying around my house but I got my hands on a 14 gal bio-cube so my demotions have changed. Im definitely going to up grade the lighting still. maybe do the LED med for the hood or will just take the hood off. I saw that the SBReef light had a larger model that is still well priced.  can't wait to get this this set up. 

14 cube... You could prob get a used kessil.  It would create a clean look that doesnt need a hood

I like AI products. Bit pricy but I got lucky and found one at a pawn shop.

Dude. I love pawn shops, I find the coolest stuff at those places.

14 cube... You could prob get a used kessil. It would create a clean look that doesnt need a hood

Iv was thinking of a Kessil, I have a 360 with the controller on my 29 gal tank. I think it's been the best addition Iv don't with my tank. I did notice a slowdown in my coral growth but I might just need to play with the intensity through out the day.

Dude. I love pawn shops, I find the coolest stuff at those places.

I know right. I got a $600 AI hydra fifty two new in box for $40. He thought it was a work lamp. It's over kill on a 6 but in December im getting the IM lagoon (drools) so I can use it on that.

I have a swing arm lamp off Amazon and a Par38 bulb on my 8g at work. A little hard to fix to a cubical desk, but looks much better than a gooseneck.