Fluval edge 6G building.

Joshifer

I tried posting in dedicated. Wouldn't let me post. Would you be a dear and move it if you can.

Anyway I wanna document my progress for future reference and also tips and help and input from others :)

So far it's empty. Waiting on shipment of live sand. And to pick up LR. Also I need a pretty sleek stand for it. Just using this little ikea table for now so nobody don't knock it over.

Equipment. AQ20 stock. Stock light 7500k LED white and blue. Gonna upgrade around oct nov by then I could handle coral. Hopefully anyway. 50watt mini heater. Aqueon 500GPH power head fan (trying to find something smaller.) I'm afraid it's too powerful for this. Using api test. I know it's not so good but was on sale at petco for $15. Ummm what else. Have a Purigen pack I'm not gonna install til after the cycle finishes. im doing fish less cycle and gonna let it sit for as long as it needs to I'm in no rush to add critters. Here's a photo so far. Again all tips tricks mods are welcome. :)

Stock wise. CUC. Love me hermits. please feel free to give me a list of CUC. Again it's 6 gallons so I can't go pouring a million critters in there lol. Rock cleaners. Glass cleaners. Sand cleaners. And I can't stress enough hermits I love watching them.

Fish wise. I know 2 itty bitty clowns are a no no but for xmas I'm going bigger. So they should be ok a few months in there. No other fish. must and will resist. I would like a cleaner shrimp for color but they hide a lot so it would be useless in a visual point of view.

Corals. Months from now. GSP and pulsing Xenia. when I get the lagoon I want a torch. Thanks for stopping by.

image_zpsq0xyesnb.jpeg

Edited by Joshifer

Added 5 gallons of water and instant ocean sea salt. Figured I'd let the water age a little while I wait for LS & LR. Started up all the filters and everything. In the aq20 in just running the sponge and their bio pellet thingys.

image_zpsnyxvuyuj.jpeg

So this lady was tearing town a gorgeous 300G reef because she's moving or something.

Anyway. She donated me this 6lb Rock. She assured me no diseases tanks been running for years.

Everything's coming along....swimmingly. Hehe

image_zpstukt1joi.jpeg

(edited)

image_zpsos5oh0dz.jpeg

24 hours after putting in live rock.

The nitrites are 0 no doubt about that

I can't make out the ammonia color if it's 0 or 0.25 different lights in different rooms are changing the color and it's confusing me. Nitrates are 5 or 10. but I did get an bacterial bloom a few hours after doing this test. Still no substrate yet.

Edited by Joshifer

• 2 weeks later...

Corals Waking up. I'm aware the frog spawn is bleached. I bought it that way. It was actually wilty it's getting much better it puffs up now and starting to get some color back. I feed it every 5 days 1 brine shrimp per head. It has 6. A 7th just split :) pipe organ finally starting to open but dumb & dumber like to pester it and it closes up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk61eee0ca0bc8b6d98395a1c393431720.jpg

Edited by Joshifer

Coming together nicely. Take the coral (star polyps?) off the frag plug and it will look nicer IMO.

I finally got it to open today after a week I don't wanna cause it any more trauma lol but I agree it's an eyesore. I want that whole rock encrusted with GSP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not the safest place for it. Kinda scary. But I'm upgrading to a new tank in a few weeks. Kids know don't touch. So not worried about it.

dba7b479e1f63244a77ed6e7e90a3029.jpg

Edited by Joshifer

Looks great! Thank you for sharing.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

This froggy is happy and growing and doing so much better it's getting its color back slowly. It glows green now under the blue lights. Before it didn't use to. The new frog behind it is also starting to heal. (I buy damaged corals and give them 2nd chances at life)

725f60e0b9be97c98c1d544d1649415e.jpg

Edited by Joshifer

Wow. I just looked up at my older post from 5 days ago. This coral changed so much in just 5 days. I must have good water chemistry going on. I don't have a trace element test kits. I bought one the instructions confused me and I returned it. This light also has a lot to do with it I don't think I'm gonna sell or trade it anymore. It's making my corals grow like weeds.

Edited by Joshifer

Wow. I just looked up at my older post from 5 days ago. This coral changed so much in just 5 days. I must have good water chemistry going on. I don't have a trace element test kits. I bought one the instructions confused me and I returned it. This light also has a lot to do with it I don't think I'm gonna sell or trade it anymore. It's making my corals grow like weeds.

That light must be pretty kickin to have great results after 5 days. It's a hydra correct?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

That light must be pretty kickin to have great results after 5 days. It's a hydra correct?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Yeah. And it's only at 10% brightness. Once the controller comes in the mail I'm gonna set the auto acclimate to get brighter slowly. I like how the tank looks at 40% but I don't wanna shock anything.

Got a new stand. It's a tv stand but Yolo. Lol. Preparing for the upgrade. Got a bigger stand and a big bag of salt. So. It was a fun month but I outgrew it fast. This will probably be the last post of this. I'll probably put the tank up for sale once I transfer everything. I doubt petco will return it being I used it or keep it as a QT in the cabinet under.

0d053c5ec21ae678de935d9130e0a9c3.jpg

Edited by Joshifer