New fish.. ever seen one?

GOSKN5

Sorry for the pics.. they are definitely not up to my standards haha...

Anyone ever seen one of these guys? (Yes I know what it is and researched haha)

d174a3600e3f69cb6735511709718fcb.jpg

4f6940cf560b6de606c749f3c023bed9.jpg

5fa0583a722b451d90b6e4e4631b760d.jpg

Absolutely awesome fish... weird and unique... love it...

Also added these two...

2c2d14a259318fe76edfcf6ee3754d22.jpg

15f384259bb4f3a9180ccbd7f36ef848.jpg

First one looks like a clingfish.  The ones I have had have been easy to keep, and eat anything.  Downside was that they hid really well.

Yep clingfish.. really neat guy.. this one hides on the bottom and under rocks.. but so far comes out a decent amount on the glass.. especially at feeding time...

Looks a lot like a freshwater plecotomas, but it's obviously not if it's in saltwater.

Do they eat algae off the glass like plecos?

Looks a lot like a freshwater plecotomas, but it's obviously not if it's in saltwater.

Do they eat algae off the glass like plecos?

It does look like a pleco.. even more in person...

They are strictly carnivore as I understand it... he attacks the chunks of LRS haha

clingfish- ORA or some other farm sold them a few years ago for $1 each because they had thousands of them. Cool until you release it into the tank, never to be seen from again unless the stars align perfectly. excellent hider.

clingfish- ORA or some other farm sold them a few years ago for $1 each because they had thousands of them. Cool until you release it into the tank, never to be seen from again unless the stars align perfectly. excellent hider.

I must have gotten lucky...so far I can find this one anytime I look.. and it comes out at feeding time like a monster haha.. eats food right out of the turkey baster!

Do they eat any scraps and detritus?

They eat just about anything.  You can also find a version of these in local waters, oyster clingfish.  My kids caught one a few years back when we were dip netting grass shrimp in the Chesapeake Bay and I think I saw it 3-4x over the course of a year until I had a tank crash.

Mine attacks anything at feeding time haha... I don't think they have good vision.. he eats anything that floats by

• 4 months later...

Both of them come out regularly at feeding time.. and both can be found anytime... the 2nd one stays on the overflow, but in plain sight.. the one in this video moves around a bit more..

They both react to me near the glass which is funny... if I stick my face near the overflow the one will swim his face right to me... really oddball and fun fish

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

What's that white fluffy coral??? Sinularia?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm there are a bunch of light colored fluffy corals haha... no sinularia in the video.. although there is one in the tank.. was it a gorgonian maybe??

Hmm there are a bunch of light colored fluffy corals haha... no sinularia in the video.. although there is one in the tank.. was it a gorgonian maybe??

Not in the video. The fourth photo from the first post. It has an acro frag and a white fluffy branching coral with polyps that look like snowflakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk