Hi all,

I just found this community and I'm excited to start learning from local experts and other hobbyists.  I am in the pre-tank stage of my hobby. I'm absorbing as much information as possible and doing research into tanks, systems, livestock, everything.

I want to start a nano reef, because my budget is pretty nano at the moment. Also I like the idea of a tiny chunk of reef with a few choice specimens to observe and take care of.

I just wanted to say hi.

Best

RR

Welcome aboard and thanks for joining! We look forward to learning more about you and your goals with this new tank. How did you first become interested in reefing?

I had a marine fish-only tank over 25 years ago. I used to work at Reston Pets / Sterling Pets and Herndon Pets owned by Kris Dan when I was in high school.

I've always wanted to keep a reef tank but never had the gumption to take the plunge (pardon the pun). I've kept tropical freshwater and coldwater tanks (my son has a remarkable fantail that we've kept thriving for over 4 years now).

The new lighting technology and evolution in the hobby has gotten me very interested again.

My goals are to have a small tank (12 gallon) with maybe a pair of clowns, or a couple of goby fish and clean up crew (snails, hermits) and maybe a nice cleaner shrimp. As far as corals , I'm interested in soft corals mainly.

Thanks for asking!

RR

Welcome aboard and there's a wealth of information available here that has helped us tremendously in setting up our new 90G.  Happy reefing!