CoralReefing.com - Copepods

Squishie89

I decided to try out a new (to me) place for pods. I have been using AlgaGen for some time, but I saw an ad for CoralReefing.com and decided to give them a try. I ordered 3 bottles of tisbe and 1 of tiger. One of the big selling points to me was free shipping for orders over $40, which as we all know in the aquarium hobby, that can be a big deal. Also prices were very good compared to AlgaGen (see below). I got a shipping notice the next day. They arrived today, Saturday. I was impressed, and then I opened the box. Box had a cooler, peanuts, cold pack, pods in nice bottles inside plastic bags. And the bottles were PACKED. A lot of tisbe bottles it can be hard to see the density of the pods, here it was very clear these were packed. I let them float for hours (I wanted to put them in after a water change and during feeding time so the pods could settle and not be blown about). My clownfish were eating some (which I thought was cool, nice treat for them) and my mandarin even poked her head out and I saw her snipping up pods. And the glass was covered, it was glorious. Although I already had tisbe pods in the tank (population needed some improvement), I did not have the tiger pods. I used my macro lens and could see all stages of life.

Very pleased, impressed and happy with my experience with CoralReefing.com and they will be who I go to when I need more pods. (They also sell rotifiers and 2 different types of phyto.)

Some bits of info. AlgaGen states that their 16oz bottles (which is what I used to buy) contain 200-300 pods (http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3468+2190+3058&pcatid=3058), and lets stick with tisbe because that is the main thing I buy, 16oz bottles on LiveAquaria right now are $27.99.

CoralReefing tisbe bottles contain 600+ pods (https://www.coralreefing.com/Live/tisbe-pods/) (bottles are not labeled with a measurement, but there was about 9oz of liquid/pods in the bottle, I think they hold 9.5-10oz total) for $18.99.

And that doesn't even get into the shipping!

(I could not decide if this should be in product or vendor feedback, please feel free to move)

Edited by Squishie89