New to WAMAS just moved from California with my nano reef

Just moved to northern Virginia from Socal. I drove across country with my corals. Hoping to meet some local reefers and get involved in the local community. Trade some zoas or frags, share some tips. Thanks for reading and happy reefing!

Steve

aka ezrider2

Welcome! WAMAS is a great community. You'll definitely find plenty of livestock and equipment here. We have a meeting coming up on the 23rd if you can make it out.

Where is the meeting? Is it posted someplace? Sorry for the dumb questions.

FYI. Meetings required a WAMAS membership. It's only $20/year and the best money you will spend in this hobby. It not only gives you access to the meetings (great speakers and vendors selling corals), but also our buying/selling/trading forum. That forum is a great place to find/get rid of livestock and equipment usually at great prices. 

Hey Steve, welcome to WAMAS, this is a great club!

Where is the meeting? Is it posted someplace? Sorry for the dumb questions.

. Not a dumb question. Here is the meeting info:

Saturday, April 23, 2016
Time: 1:00 P.M. - 5:30 P.M.
Where: North Bethesda Middle School
8935 Bradmoor Dr
Bethesda, MD 20817

And a link.

FYI. Meetings required a WAMAS membership. It's only $20/year and the best money you will spend in this hobby. It not only gives you access to the meetings (great speakers and vendors selling corals), but also our buying/selling/trading forum. That forum is a great place to find/get rid of livestock and equipment usually at great prices. 

Actually, this meeting will not require a membership, you can buy tickets at the door, but I think they are $5, which is already a quarter of what a membership costs. The above information is correct, you do get access to the buy/sell/trade, as well as SWAP (Share the Wealth and Propagate) and you become part of, in my opinion, one of the best clubs available in this hobby.

Look forward to seeing some pictures of your setup, I also do nanos now!

I never paid $20...lol (coming from a student member)

Welcome, Steve. What part of SoCal did you come from? WAMAS is a great community to be part of. I hope that you'll become a full member soon. Click the link in my signature block and enjoy your stay.

Welcome! I believe we have one of the most active clubs, so you moved to the right place. lol

Welcome! WAMAS is a great community. You'll definitely find plenty of livestock and equipment here. We have a meeting coming up on the 23rd if you can make it out.

Welcome! Post some pics when you get the chance. Love seeing other nano tanks  :cool:

welcome!

Welcome!!

Thanks for the welcome looking forward to getting involved in the community. I have some cool corals to frag, I will post some photos and explain how I got my corals across the country soon!

Welcome, Steve. What part of SoCal did you come from? WAMAS is a great community to be part of. I hope that you'll become a full member soon. Click the link in my signature block and enjoy your stay.

I plan on upgrading to the paid version. I was in West Hollywood

Thanks for the welcome looking forward to getting involved in the community. I have some cool corals to frag, I will post some photos and explain how I got my corals across the country soon!

you do the old set up a nano/frag tank in the hotel trick?

I plan on upgrading to the paid version. I was in West Hollywood

Well, welcome to DC! We look forward to seeing and hearing more about your system.

Any suggestions for local store's? I checked out reef escape the other day in Fairfax.

Here, check this out. LFS Map

Checked out Quantum reefs today, met Vince. Had some nice pieces.

I know its a drive, but try BRK(Blue Ribbon Koi). They have some nice stuff there