New to the DC area

Hi everyone,

I am new to the DC area, I just moved to North Bethesda. I moved up my frag tank with me but lost a bunch of my LPS due to heat on the move up from Florida. My zoas are recovering though.

What are some good LFS or maybe home growers around the area?

Also, I noticed there is a meeting coming up mid July. Do we have to RSVP for that?

Best regards,

Pedro

Welcome! No RSVP just show up and they check you In when you walk in. . Best bet on LPS where you are located is exotic reef creations. www.exoticreefcreations.com it's best to drive up and see what he has in person though. If you like bird nests I'm your best bet lol.

Hi Pedro,

There are two meetings in Maryland per year, but most of the members are down in VA, it seems.  In Maryland on this side of the beltway there is Exotic Reef Creations in Ijamsville for fish and mostly LPS and a few dry goods, King of Corals in Frederick for fish/coral/dry goods, Charm City Corals near Baltimore, House of Tropicals near Baltimore, Tropical Lagoon in Silver Spring,

Marco (monkiboy) isn't too far from you in Silver Spring, too, and he's great for advice and seems to have a large supply of used or brand new aquarium gear in his garage from his various endeavors.  8)

Thank you both for the prompt responses. I will be checking out those shops, and gmerek I would not mind trying out a birds nest tend to be hardy and I just changed my lights to t5s which should be good for growth.

Welcome to the area! You should have gotten your WAMAS members card when you signed up (probably mailed to you.) You will need that to check in at the door. This meet will be a good one, good raffle, and of course, it's our Frag Fest, so everybody shows up for the coral handouts.

Everybody pretty much nailed the shops close to your area, if you don't mind a little traveling into VA, Quantum Reefs is also a great shop!

Thank you again. Is there anyone I could talk to, to confirm that the membership card has gone out?

I'll make it out to Quantum at some point.

Does anyone know where I could pick up some live mysis? I had a nice population going in my tank but dont see any after the move. The tank is still full of pods.

Regarding your membership card, send an email to membership@wamas.org.