How to get rid of purple cloves

I was told you could use fluke tabs to get rid purple cloves but I can't find them anywhere, does anyone have some for sale or any suggestions on how to get rid of the cloves.aa5167d7bf602e64ae97fab0317f5285.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had to restart a tank to get rid of those suckers. I saw a thread on RC about the fluke tabs but have no idea where to get them.

I treated with fluke tabs.  They worked for me but I lost my 2 year old ritteri in the process.  Other people have had better success with them.  I recommend that if you consider it you carefully read the thread on RC prior to doing it.

In general, the dosage is 1 tab/100 gallons.  You dissolve in water and dose after turning off skimmer, gfo, and carbon(both carbon dosing and regular carbon).  everything will look horrible afterwards.  The recommendation is to keep everything off for 3-4 days and then turn everything on and do heavy water changes and also change carbon frequently.  

I stopped after 18 hours due to how bad my ritteri looked but it was too late.  It did kill all the clove polyps.  The tabs will also kill crustaceans, microfauna (bristleworms), and snails.   Leathers and star polyps also usually die (I lost my yellow leather). 

If you decide to do it, make sure you understand the risks and carefully read the thread.  Shoot me a pm if you have specific questions.  

Wow. I have some of these in my tank, perhaps I should get rid of them.

Wow. I have some of these in my tank, perhaps I should get rid of them.

Isaac get rid of them.

I've just learned to live with BCP. My doctor told me it would be hard, but thanks to burnitol, I'm living a productive life. I'm able to plant frags and watch them grow. Before burnitol I suffered from BCP, now BCP doesn't keep me down.

Side effects include,

Smothered coral

loss of porous surface

headaches

hand cramps

seeing purple

and wet hand syndrome 

If thoughts of harming your tank arise please stop taking burnitol and consult your doctor.

Isaac get rid of them.

I've just learned to live with BCP. My doctor told me it would be hard, but thanks to burnitol, I'm living a productive life. I'm able to plant frags and watch them grow. Before burnitol I suffered from BCP, now BCP doesn't keep me down.

Side effects include,

Smothered coral

loss of porous surface

headaches

hand cramps

seeing purple

and wet hand syndrome 

If thoughts of harming your tank arise please stop taking burnitol and consult your doctor.

Lol, and I can't keep them alive no matter what I do!

(edited)

I have a lot too. Over the winter a took a couple rocks out and left them on the porch overnight (freezing temps) and that took care of what was on those rocks (plus anything else living in them I assume). Kalk paste will kill it but you have to get all of it or it just spreads/grows back.  I've wondered about wrapping/covering the rocks with something to block the light but I'm not sure what would work best for that. Reef safe tinfoil?  Maybe just do a section at a time. I don't know if blocking light would do the trick or not though.

Edited by Rob A