Marine biologist turned analyst... missing the reef!

Hello everyone,

I moved up here about a year ago after graduating from the University of Georgia with a master's in marine science to be an analyst at GEICO. I've made it a year without a tank, but I'm aching for some ocean in my life.

I've kept multiple salt and freshwater tanks with fish only, reef, and planted setups. I'm starting to plan my next, and I'm looking for great nano ideas. That, or someone who had a great idea, is upgrading now, and is selling that great setup.

Looking forward to getting to know the community!

Jonathan

Welcome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome!

Lots of decent setups for sale in the members section a lot!

P.s. I was taking some marine biology classes at a CC in Jax, FL and we went up to GA to sit in on some classes and then go shrimping on a boat from the marine biology department!

Thanks for the welcome! I'm considering becoming a member to check out the for sale content, but I'm not sure. Kinda thinking I'd do that once I got something setup. It's a conundrum.

Smallreef, I think I've been on that boat shrimping too. Did you go out of Brunswick or Sapelo Island? I spent a good bit of time out on the Georgia coast doing research. It's a pretty cool ecosystem.

Become a member before setting up, the sale page you can get everything you need to help you. I really wished I had become a member before I bought my set up.

Thanks, JR. Is there a thread around here somewhere that talks about what being a member is all about? I know the Atlanta Reef Club used to have regular meetings with raffles, and of course, there were all the special threads. I see the for sale section is also members only. Am I missing any other big ones?

Actually, I found details under "Join." What do other members find to be the best part of being a member here?

welcome to WAMAS and without reservation the small investment to become a member will pay for itself hundreds times over. do it today and jump in! let us know if we can help with anything. always happy to assist.

Frags sales, The meeting are great, frag sales, equipment, the people on the board are great alway willing to help you, did I mention the frag sales, oh and once a year frag fest (free frag), discount at some of the local stores. ERC live sale is awesome....and much more

Thanks everyone for the welcome.

Sounds like lots of great reasons to join.I'm sure I will soon.

Yes, sapelo island...

And really the best part of being a member is the community here...

But as Rebecca mentioned the frags that other members sell are usually a great deal

Actually, I found details under "Join." What do other members find to be the best part of being a member here?

Welcome, Jonathan. Check out the link in my signature for an answer to your question.

Thank you all for the info and welcomes. I've just signed up as a member, so it's time to start putting together a reef!

Hi Jonathan, I'm a Georgia boy myself.  Got my bachelors at UGA and my masters in marine science at Savannah State.  We'll have to meet up some time and talk shop!  I have a newish 12g, haven't updated my build thread in a while though, will have to fix that soon.

Welcome!!

Hey Octoman. Sorry for the slow response, but I'm glad to find another GA fan! You watch football? Season is starting soon, and my wife (Also a UGA alum) and I are always happy to watch with other fans! I'd like to see your build thread too. I'll have to check it out.

Yes, sapelo island...

And really the best part of being a member is the community here...

But as Rebecca mentioned the frags that other members sell are usually a great deal

Hey Smallreef, sorry for the slow response. I miss Sapelo. Living out there... those were simpler days! Thanks for the welcome and the advice. I've joined, and I'm asking questions/seeking purchases left and right. I'm hoping to have a setup soon!

Become a member before setting up, the sale page you can get everything you need to help you. I really wished I had become a member before I bought my set up.

+1

No +1 necessary. I signed up last week! I'm scouring the sale posts.

I created a generic post here: http://wamas.org/forums/topic/73211-wtb-sleek-20-40g-setup/?view=getnewpost

I'm leaning toward a 60 cube now, but I'm not certain.