Lazy the clown...I Hope

Carpathian

I have 2 B&W clowns in my tank. Both eat well and show no visual signs of illness. They will lay down in the back of the tank and rest on the bottom and lean against the back motionless. Then a few seconds later the are moving around. This repeats for a while and then they are back to swimming around the tank especially when I walk up to it. I added a BTA 2 weeks ago, but so far neither clown will go to it. 

I have seen others have had clowns that will do this, but some mention theirs dieing. This has been going on a while now. Is this normal behavior for a clown?

Similar to this, but they will actually stay perfectly still at times.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oqgtoitwf3o2660/2015-03-30%2000.28.12.mp4?dl=0

Thanks!

Was there something there that it use to host? I had a pair that hosted a nem when I took the nem out they wanted to stay in the same spot like it was still there but it wasnt doing the same behavior where I had the nem.

Pretty much hosting the rock

Edited by khh27

There was never anything in that spot. Occasionally I would see them do this in the front as well...usually in a depression in the sand. Recently it is only in the back and not necessarily in a depression. 

The only time I see anyone pestering them is themselves. That seems to just be goofing off though, because then they are swimming together all over the tank.