ERC / Aquabox Sump Review A+++++++!!!!!!!!!!!!

bengeeee

ERC / Aquabox Sump Review A++++++!!!!!!!!!!!!

This review is long overdue.  A while back I began my search for a sump that could support my new system.  The new system is on track to support about 500 gallons so I needed something up to the challenge.  After an exhaustive search, I became frustrated with my budget and what was available to me.  I sought out numerous used and new options, all of which were inadequate or out of my budget.  One of the first options presented to me was a custom Aquabox Sump.  Thinking I could do better, I continued my search but eventually came to my senses.

As has often been the case as I have pieced together this build over the past year and a half (yes it is taking me forever), Marcos aka Monkiboy came to my rescue.  He worked with me on pricing and options, recommending options I needed, and being honest about what I didn't.  In the end, I got more than what I paid for:  A beautiful work of art straight from Aquabox.  It arrived sooner than expected, was extremely well packaged, and he even threw in free filter socks and bulkheads!  Marcos also kept me updated with photos of the build while in progress which was awesome.

The end result?  I couldn't be happier...  Pics speak louder than words.    For reference, the sump measures 48 inches long:

The build:

IMG959920_zpswgqg6grq.jpg

IMG954746_zpspkdvn3ze.jpg

IMG_3727_zpsrrkjdil1.jpg

IMG_6008_zps4hcumlrc.jpg

Installed:

IMG_20150314_151826_163_zpsmu3ci9ur.jpg

IMG_20150314_151834_062_zpsnsj0kyuv.jpg

Note the 4 drain holes (I capped two for the time being) and the lid for easy access to three 4 inch filter socks!

IMG_20150314_151842_675_zpshfadhloi.jpg

Drain chamber and socks

IMG_20150314_151915_647_zps2g0fmuro.jpg

I haven't placed the heaters yet, but these two heater holders will keep them safely away from my equipment and in perfect placement for efficient heating

IMG_20150314_151901_971_zpsyb7dcoj1.jpg

I needed an extra large area for equipment and my large Skimmer (Vertex Alpha 250).  This sump easily handles that with room to spare

IMG_20150314_151852_527_zpsry7yvadn.jpg

4 built in dosing line holders

IMG_20150314_151921_083_zpsgoewopj9.jpg

4 probe holders mounted on the adjustable baffle.

Disregard the messy install; I haven't had the time to make things presentable.  I figure this review needs to go up before I let yet another month go by.  

Thanks ERC.  Another job well done!

Edited by bengeeee

Great job to ERC for pulling through, and as always, Aquabox delivers.

who made this ? I'm interesting to custom one

Aquabox made it, ERC facilitated the build for Ben. They do great work, Awuabox built my old 180 costumer overflow boxes, also facilitated by Marcos at ERC. Like Ben said, Marcos is great at helping walk you through things logically, and honestly, ie. They won't sell you on what you don't want or need. Aquabox does amazing work as well, as soon as I can afford it, I'll have a sump built also.

Also curious on the cost..

Also curious on the cost..

I would reach out to ERC and ask. I'm fairly sure this is a custom job, so hard to say.

Aquabox made it, ERC facilitated the build for Ben. They do great work, Awuabox built my old 180 costumer overflow boxes, also facilitated by Marcos at ERC. Like Ben said, Marcos is great at helping walk you through things logically, and honestly, ie. They won't sell you on what you don't want or need. Aquabox does amazing work as well, as soon as I can afford it, I'll have a sump built also.

Thanks Iasac, you are of course correct.  Marcos was my primary contact but it was a custom build by Aquabox.

thanks bro . how much thjs sump cost if you don't mind to tell 

I would PM Marcos or Richard for pricing.  Because each sump is highly customized, your quote may differ greatly from mine.  Not really my place to publicly disclose either way.... hope you understand.  I promise this though, their pricing is competitive and will be better than a lot of bigger companies out there with much more customization.  

I also have an aquabox sump. They are definitely awesome pieces. And quality is top notch. Congrats!

Thanks... really excited about it.

Treasure all the Aquabox gear you have because they announced they are closing up shop :-(

What?