Couple new additions...

GOSKN5

Added a couple fish this week...

ORA whitespot filefish... hopefully does ok and resists the temptation to chomp on my gorgs and softies haha...

732d7025f239cfa2f3d36410c4add432.jpg

7da139204d09c262dd5581d65600dabb.jpg

81b5b11f79067bd8568835c944262f60.jpg

Smiths blenny.. awesome fish... the white body and black contrast really nicely... unique fish and active..

51cd82c7d23032b6d43acc30b3cc27f9.jpg

72d0a6ac3819891ff14c6ff975e43431.jpg

34aeaeaab608938cac31640874a6ba77.jpg

Couple other shots...

83012fd5391e168cfcbb125c48b4940c.jpg

Were these from Divers Den this week?  Keep me posted about the filefish.  Does s/he eat aptasia?  Does s/he bother your soft corals or LPS?

My wife loves filefish! They're extremely unique and add a lot of character.

Thanks... yep a very different fish for sure...one reason I wanted him

Love the filefish!

Thanks

Were these from Divers Den this week? Keep me posted about the filefish. Does s/he eat aptasia? Does s/he bother your soft corals or LPS?

These were actually just from live aquaria ORA section...

I don't have any aiptasia, but these little guys aren't know for eating aiptasia.. these are the dwarf whitespot ones...

Hopefully he won't nip my gorgs and softies etc...

love the file fish as well as the smiths blenny. I have thought of getting the ORA File fish in the past but like you I have some gorgonians and softies. Will check back with you in couple months to see how they are doing.

He has eyed them and pecked a time or two.. but not a nibble as they closed and opened quickly... they have been reported safe but I won't trust it for a while... and will be ready to remove quickly if needed...

I've also been seriously thinking about that ORA whitespot filefish, so will be watching eagerly for updates!   :)

I will update for sure... fingers crossed because he is an awesome little fish... I have always loved the unique fish like puffer and triggers... he reminds me of similar behavior... really cool...

• 4 months later...

I will update for sure... fingers crossed because he is an awesome little fish... I have always loved the unique fish like puffer and triggers... he reminds me of similar behavior... really cool...

I thought I'd resurrect this thread for an update - how are things going with the ORA filefish? :bluefish:

I thought I'd resurrect this thread for an update - how are things going with the ORA filefish? :bluefish:

You know the story... haha.. banished to the sump... traded to LFS... hard life for a fish that chomps on gorgonians.. :)

You know the story... haha.. banished to the sump... traded to LFS... hard life for a fish that chomps on gorgonians.. :)

Well ... shoot. :sad:

Did it limit its depredations to gorgonians, or was it an equal-opportunity polyp muncher?

Haha I think just gorgs... and I honestly don't think he was eating them.. just pecking.. but enough to keep one specific one closed most of the time