Clownfish Shout Out

Ben A

Wanted to post a PORTION of my clownfish collection and give a shout out to MattiJay (Operation Reef Ready), ERC (Exotic Reef Creations), and BRK (Blue Ribbon Koi) for all the help in collecting these unbelievable clownfish. All photos were taken with an Iphone, so excuse them please.

My S&R Lightning maroon clownfish is currently paired with a S&R Morse Code (Not Pictured). The Morse Code hides alot so I have not been able to get a good picture of him yet. Thanks to ERC for helping me get both of these fish.

Lightning

Lightning

LIGHTNING MAROON

LIGHTNING MAROON

Next is my pair of Bali Aquarich P1 Onyx Picassos. The pair, as well as the red carpet anenome in the photos, were purchased form MattiJay.

Bali P1 Picasso  #2

Bali P1 Picasso #1

Bali P1 Picasso #1 and #2

Next is my Bali Aquarich Goldflake Maroon, new addition to my collection and one I hope to be pairing with a mate in the near future. Bought from MattiJay.

Bali Gold Flake

Finally is my pride and joy. My ORA Gold Nugget paired with a Fisheye Super Gold Rush Maroon. The Gold Rush is one of the best goldflake maroon clowns I have seen. The pattern is unbelievable. The Gold Nugget may be my favorite clown to date, now that she is starting to really turn gold, its hard to beat her coloration. Thank you to MattiJay for helping me secure the Fisheye Gold Rush and to BRK for the amazing Gold Nugget Maroon. The purple LTA was purchased form BRK, and has color that makes me wish I had an actual camera.

ORA Gold Nugget and Fisheye Super Gold Rush

Edited by Ben A

nice, I picked up a midnight clown from Mat at last years spring meeting and a naked clown from ERC, paired up nicely, couldn't be happier

the golden nugget looks awesome too, I've only seen one 1 time in person

Nice clowns! How are your maroons once their mated? Do you see a change in agression levels?

I have a WSM female that used to be agressive but has toned down a lot as of late. I've been considering getting her a mate and/or BTA, but I'm concerned with how it will affect her agression.

What has your experience been with your maroons?

Nice clowns! How are your maroons once their mated? Do you see a change in agression levels?

I have a WSM female that used to be agressive but has toned down a lot as of late. I've been considering getting her a mate and/or BTA, but I'm concerned with how it will affect her agression.

What has your experience been with your maroons?

Maroons can be a nightmare to pair. My Gold nugget has paired twice without much problem. My lightning killed 3 males before she paired, at least I hope they have finally paired. Once they have paired, the female becomes much more aggressive then when she is alone. Adding an anemone will also increase her aggression. The nice thing about pairing and adding an anemone is that their swimming territory seems to decrease to the immediate area around the anemone.

Thank you for sharing. Did you put all these clowns in one tank or different tanks?

You never want to keep more than 1 pair of maroons in a tank. I wouldn't put them in with another species either. They are very aggressive towards other clowns. All my clown pairs have their own tank.

Maroons can be a nightmare to pair. My Gold nugget has paired twice without much problem. My lightning killed 3 males before she paired, at least I hope they have finally paired. Once they have paired, the female becomes much more aggressive then when she is alone. Adding an anemone will also increase her aggression. The nice thing about pairing and adding an anemone is that their swimming territory seems to decrease to the immediate area around the anemone.

Hmmm. Maybe I'll skip pairing her at all then. She killed several fish years ago when I introduced them. Then she got bullied and is actually calmer now. I don't want to ruin that.

They are all definitely beautiful clowns. Congrats! !!

You never want to keep more than 1 pair of maroons in a tank. I wouldn't put them in with another species either. They are very aggressive towards other clowns. All my clown pairs have their own tank.

That is my thought. I just wonder how you house so many clowns. Are you breeding them?