Mounting reefbright to ATI fixture

YHSublime

I have seen reefbrites mounted to ATI fixtures using existing holes on sunpowers and some simple hardware from Home Depot.

Any insight? I tried to search, but I have trouble smoothly navigating on the phone.

Is his mounted? I know gadgets had a similar setup, but is on hiatus/retired.

Have to use the L brackets that come with the Reefbrite

Yeah? That's all I need? They are on already, I don't need any additional hardware or screws, all factory fits?

I think we're supposed to unscrew those exterior ATI screws and then they go right back on and through the RB L brackets. Should end up looking somewhat suspended from the front bottom of the ATI

Suhuweet, thanks guys! Looks like I've got tonight's project. I'll confirm, and have some pictures.

Should look like this

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1416944460.510915.jpg

Sent from my Tesla using Tapatalk

Fantastic! Thanks for that. I could only afford one for the front, at least for now. At the 5' they get expensive!

One is enough. Your 6 bulb is enough... You are going to have a TON of par.

Yeah, you're right. Now I need to get some of that sps back in there!

49cf4bab25df3a009f6f0b48255e946b.jpg

6fbeb2dfba320a6a03bc95d87eb74abe.jpg

You guys are boss. Thanks mr chalice for the helpful pics + advice!

I knew you could figure it out without my help :)

Just a word of caution. Don't underestimate the intensity of the T5s as well as the Reefbrite. You may have to raise the fixture higher, and/or use a layer of window screen for a few weeks to get your corals acclimated.

I knew you could figure it out without my help :)

Just a word of caution. Don't underestimate the intensity of the T5s as well as the Reefbrite. You may have to raise the fixture higher, and/or use a layer of window screen for a few weeks to get your corals acclimated.

Yeah, I always doubt myself before diving into a big project, and then wonder why I even though it was big, and why I doubted myself with a club like WAMAS!

I think I will take that word of caution. I'm seeing some algae growth today after just putting in two new bulbs, related? I don't know, however, I think I'm getting a LOT more light than I was before. Most corals reacting very well, but I think when I have all new bulbs, acclimation will be a necessity. 

Dang i was gonna see when you wanted to sell this! Looks good dude. Ill be ordering my ati soon.

Haha, thanks man. Giving my track record, 3-4 months it will be available. Just kidding, I think this will be the final destination for me, I can tell it's gonna be nice. If I keep stocking and keeping it going, I might even order another reefbright for the back. 

Sucks they are so high. I think im only going to do one.

Now that I have it up and mounted, vs. sitting on the eurobrace, I would say one will be OK. It really shines a nice blue light all over the tank. Running with the T5's, I can't even tell, to be honest. If you can afford it, I would say do the XHO and call it a day and never look back with one. 

It's really hard to describe, but like I mentioned to you, you're welcome to stop by if you're ever in the area. 

For the cheapskates like me, there's these:

http://www.21ledusa.com/category_s/1837.htm

I use the even cheaper version, since I just want a little added color. Made a little bracket with aluminum flat stock to sit on top of my ATI 6 bulb Sunpower.

Nothing wrong with that, thanks for sharing!