What you guys think of this aquascape ?

Tommy

I like it, especially if you are doing a reef there are some good spots for corals to enjoy the tank.

Are the rocks glued?  Especially the one on the top right?  Or is that one rock?

Yea I would wonder if the top right is glued...if it is not, it might fall. How far away is it from the glass?

Otherwise, it is nonuniform...which Nature and myself like. It has different heights, the angled flat parts are not as natural, but they also give you a lot of space to coralscape. In the end, you won't see all of the individual stone shapes if you cover it with enough coral, so that won't mater.  IMO

(edited)

Thanks guys ! No the rock are not glued but I made sue that it fits nicely in the books and cranny of the bottom rock so fish cannot knock them over . Also all the rocks are about 2-3 inches from the glass for my glass cleaner. And yes I put a couple pieces of shelf rocks in there for corals lol

Edited by Tommy

Yea, I like this one better. I would still glue the coral. It won't be the fish knocking it over....it will be your hand or a tool. Use some putty to connect them so it does not fall over and scratch your glass

Yea, I like this one better. I would still glue the coral rock. It won't be the fish knocking it over....it will be your hand or a tool. Use some putty to connect them so it does not fall over and scratch your glass

+1.

Tommy, you're asking for trouble from that top rock. Just pretend to glue a frag on the very lip of the rock and see what happens. Water makes what looks like a stable gravity connection feel miniscule. Or...try to siphon the sand in 2 or 3" that you have between the glass and the rocks w/o touching the rock and see how stable your own arm is.

+1.

Tommy, you're asking for trouble from that top rock. Just pretend to glue a frag on the very lip of the rock and see what happens. Water makes what looks like a stable gravity connection feel miniscule. Or...try to siphon the sand in 2 or 3" that you have between the glass and the rocks w/o touching the rock and see how stable your own arm is.

Thanks Jack !  I will epoxied the top rock just so I can sleep at night ..lol 

Yea, I like this one better. I would still glue the coral rock. It won't be the fish knocking it over....it will be your hand or a tool. Use some putty to connect them so it does not fall over and scratch your glass

+1.

Come on Jack, it was coral at one time....just dead now! :laugh:

Thanks Adam !  Im the guy who was in IC last week and asked u about buying some rods for the rocks ...lol

You can get fiberglass rods at Home Depot near the mailboxes pretty cheap (cheaper than, say, acrylic rods). They have a reflector on top that you can cut off and work perfectly fine. I've also seen fiberglass rods at Harbor Freight Tools in the electrical section. They're part of a system used to snake electrical wire through walls and have threaded inserts at each end. Cut the metal inserts off and you've got another cheap source of rods for your rockwork.

You can get fiberglass rods at Home Depot near the mailboxes pretty cheap (cheaper than, say, acrylic rods). They have a reflector on top that you can cut off and work perfectly fine. I've also seen fiberglass rods at Harbor Freight Tools in the electrical section. They're part of a system used to snake electrical wire through walls and have threaded inserts at each end. Cut the metal inserts off and you've got another cheap source of rods for your rockwork.

Thanks !  I was in Home Depot and no one could helped me ..at least now i know which section to go to , this was great help !!!

Thanks ! I was in Home Depot and no one could helped me ..at least now i know which section to go to , this was great help !!!

Shocker, nobody at Home Depot could help you!?!?

Shocker, nobody at Home Depot could help you!?!?

Isaac you are now qualified to work in the flooring dept @ HD