Found baby fish tonight!!

lnevo

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(edited)

I will probably not be able to raise them as I have nowhere to put them and no way to get to them. I do have an offer for rotifers . Maybe.. Supposedly they can be raised at 100% success rate though..

Edited by lnevo

Neat. DaveS was trying with lemon chromis, but he had room for a few 10 gallons. There may be success in your attempt, especially if you're not concerned with the results! Congrats, that's pretty cool either way!

Should be easy to raise them if you want.  Siphon them out into a 1/2 filled 10G tank.  Feed them baby brine for a week and then frozen rotifers or crushed up flake.  If you don't have/want to do baby brine and rotifers, you may be able to get away with very finely crushed flake.

I would bet their diet of LRS has a lot to do with it!!! They eat out of my hands all the time!

I'm going to hope that the pods in my tank along with some cyclopeeze and phyto will be enough. They are staying pretty concentrated in their cave. Parents are being VERY protective.

That is great!, Is that the mother, father, or just another fish that could care less?

I love the way they school in the current.

Thanks everyone! It's been a real treat to watch them. I've been feeding some cyclopeeze, phyto feast, and oyster feast, on top of the usual LRS. It will be a real miracle if they make it further in the development.

That is great!, Is that the mother, father, or just another fish that could care less?

I love the way they school in the current.

That's one of the parents. I have no idea how to sex them, but I would guess it's the mother as she's keeping the area around the babies clear. You can see her go under the ledge to keep the foxface away at the end of the video.