New 180 Gal

ballen0351

Hi just wanted to say hello.  I was at Dr. Macs today and saw a few of your members there.  Id never heard of this group before so I thought Id stop by and say hello.  I just started my first salt tank about a month ago.  Ive had Freshwater cichlid tanks for over 20 years.  I purchased a complete established tank from craigslist and Iove it. Anyway It was cool to see this group takes "field trips."   

Thanks for the welcome.  Tank is a normal 180. The only thing I dotn like is the overflow boxes are on each end in the middle.  I guess it was ment to be viewed from both sides.  Id prefer they would be on the backwall or back corners.  Im still working out the bugs and trying to get the set up to my liking.  I basically bought it and set it up just like the last owner had it so I could get the fish out of buckets as fast as I can.  He neglicted the tank for many months while trying to sell it.  So alot of the pumps are in bad shape.  Im not happy with the sump set up and am looking around atthe way others have set up their systems and tryingto come up with a new plan.