Return to Reefing

Hi all! Moved to Salisbury, Md. about 2 years ago and sold off my semi-custom Finnex tank back in Texas. Have been lurking on the site, and reefcentral and can't help but it, but I wanna get back in the life!

Welcome, you should become a member. As a member you have access to the for sale and want to buy section. It will be the best $20 you will spend getting back into the hobby.

I was wondering where that section went. I actually joined this forum in 2009, and I thought i remembered a marketplace section...I will definitely do that.

I would also urge you to join us, it will be well worth the money! Sent you a PM as well.

I used to live in Salisbury when I went to school there. Welcome back to the hobby. I think that Pacific East Aquaculture will become your best friend!

• 8 months later...

ok update time. i got a biocube 14 setup with ecoxotic leds and let the tank run, i have learned through many, many trials and uh oh moments to take it slow. i let the tank age and began buying frags from my local store, pac east aquaculture, things were progressing nicely. i got an opportunity to move back to nova and bam now i am back in f'burg. bad news is that today my tank sprung a leak. good news, gives me time to try a new build. i will be resealing tonite and rescaping this weekend. i am also planning on adding more leds. i have 2 12k panorama modules and a blue/magenta stunner. the color is crisp white. its nice, but i want more blue to make the coral pop. so i think i will be adding 2 445nm stunners and switching the combo stunner for a 403nm uv strip.

the sad tank...

fa860f7e-988a-41af-9f4a-14058c79b158_zps

Sorry to hear about the leak, but you know this also means you could go bigger. . . nothing makes an aquarium look better than more corals and fish ;)

haha. i do want to go bigger. i think a 50 breeder would be great. but not in the cards for me at this point.

i already resealed the biocube last nite. i used black silicone from aqueon. so i could possibly refill tonite, but i'm gonna wait. i will water test tomorrow afternoon and leave it for 24 hours. i am also putting together an epoxied sandbed. they call it a false/fake sandbed, but i don't know why-its real sand...i dunno. but yeah, its gonna be awesome.

also gonna use a single totoka branch for my main lr formation with a small clam island. 

3d38e161-4216-4eea-8579-48ef97b005db_zps

here is a look at the clam island. it is roughly the diameter of a baseball with a central ridge and and a depression on each side. i plan to attach two maximas. i took a ton of pics but none really show the shape of the lr. too much light i think. i will try and take some more shots later.

2015-05-292019.00.12_zpstcyylwam.jpg 

78b92307-a123-47ff-8ba1-1438e912cba9_zps 

2015-05-292019.00.51_zpsu2z7arfs.jpg 

2015-05-292019.01.14_zpswxxdfyhf.jpg

(edited)

ok those were no good. i think these are better...each side can hold a 3" maxima

2015-05-292019.43.10_zps0jnv15dk.jpg

2015-05-292019.53.28_zpshebh3qky.jpg

Edited by aggarza

ok so update time...

i have the tank resealed, no leaks, the sandbed epoxied, and the new rockscape. tell me what you guys think...

also, i am in need of some dirty rock to reseed my tank. if anyone near stafford/f'burg has a bit of rubble that i can have, that would be great.

2015-06-012017.31.56_zpspk9m1afr.jpg 

2015-06-012017.32.07_zpsfhji0pwl.jpg 

2015-06-012017.32.25_zpsyqvw2puw.jpg 

2015-06-012017.33.00_zpsskiaddce.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys, i am still looking for some rubble or chaeto ball to help seed the microfauna in my tank. is there anyone in the stafford or f'burg area that can help out.

Hey Aggarza! Welcome back to the club! I am down in Fredericksburg Spotsy! There aren't a lot of reefers down our way. I don't run chaeto at all unfortunately. I have mangroves and and algae turf scrubber. If you hit up Roni he might have some rubble to spare before he does his tank overhaul.

awesome, thanks for the offers. sorry it took awhile to respond, been a bit busy. 

I am just outside fredericksburg and am sure i can provide rubble. Im in bowling green

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

sounds great. lemme know when you are available and i can drive out. i am free just about any afternoon.

This is going to be a sweet tank!  If you ever make it near woodbridge I can hook you up with either rubble or algae.  Let me know.

jason you rock. do you still have those frags? tank is about ready to add a bit of color.