Montipora Eating Nudibranch

motti

Hi All,

I've been seeing a little fuzzy things under the green monti cup i got from the Frag fest (i did originally dip it in with coralRX), based on quick google search, i found out that dipping is not effective against eggs.. which could have been what was left after the dip :(

anyhow...

Has anyone battled these little guys before? any natural predetors that will pick them up? I am a little worries putting it back in the frag tank since i got several monti cups in it. all are doing fine. 

Wrasses tend to like little nudibranchs..

My mystery wrasse decimated my zoa nudi issue...

And now my leopard wrasse looks for any he can find...it's been a long time since I've had any so he just tracks down amhpipods now...

@Mods, can you please move this tread to the General Discussion forum? I've accidentally opened it here.

I got a video of it, it's a little shakey, had to really zoom in to capture it

few pictures with the monti, you can see that it seems like that sections of the monti were being eaten off.

15095511571_0173c0afc5_z_d.jpg

I removed all 3 monti frags from the display tank. Found those little buggers on 2 of the montis but I ended up dipping and scrabbling the buttons of all 3 again.

I'll keep close eye on those 3 montis. They are back in the frag tank now.

64a81ba92e7ccf39c1848081f485f3ac.jpg

ecd4aacbf9a4032096fff98a8d79e2e3.jpg

https://vimeo.com/104879614

I think I was able to kill all of them. Haven't seen any in the past few days. I ended up seeping the coral about 3 times over the span of a week. Used toothbrush to scrape the eggs in the back of the coral and turkey Baster.

I am going to leave those monti caps out of the display tank for the next 2 months just to be safe.

I was wrong... They moved to other monti caps :( it sucks I have to travel on Thursday and won't have enough time to fully take care of them.

I am thinking about bringing in a small six line wrasse and put it in the frag tank. Hopefully it will keep them under control until I am back

• 5 months later...

What kind of dip are you doing that is killing them? I have them in my tank and having no success killing the adults. Tried freshwater dips, coral RX, Bayers and a toothbrush. They just keep coming back (or not dying in the first place)

Edited by OcalaReefGirl

What kind of dip are you doing that is killing them? I have them in my tank and having no success killing the adults. Tried freshwater dips, coral RX, Bayers and a toothbrush. They just keep coming back (or not dying in the first place)

I used coralRX. Dipped them every other day and place them in isolation. I eventually managed to get rid of them some how. Took about a week and a half

I used Bayer and they died in that.  But I also had a syringe and actively removed them by hand from my tank as well.  Then I removed what I could and dipped it as well.  But it may take weeks before they're eradicated.

Keep it up.  Nothing happens quickly.  Perhaps it is time to get a leopard wrasse from Dr. Mac