Do your Jebao's performing the same as day 1?

Neto

I have a Jebao WP25 in my 22g nano and when I first introduced it to the tank, water was being thrown out of the tank due to its power. Now, months later, I have it on the highest setting and the same behavior does not occur.

Are there any known issues with these pumps?

I presume this will happen to my Wp25, but I don't think it has...yet...and I've been neglecting it. I run it in Else mode continually, except for a spell at night when it shuts off entirely. I have found that in Else mode I get periods of lower flow that lasts long enough that I scrach my head and wonder whether it's starting to fade....but then later it's cranking at a farily high level. And for the price, if it breaks...

Are you using Else mode or something...well...else?

Neto, do you regularly clean the pump to remove any build up that might occur between the impeller and the impeller shaft and slow it down?

Absolutely not. My JB pumps perform nowhere near the day they did when I brought them in. I also have made a habit of cleaning them regularly since this post. Maybe it's mental, but I also remember them thrashing water day 1.

Just curious, Isaac, as to how you clean the pump because it can be very hard to remove build up from inside an impeller sometimes. I've also found on other pumps that sometimes the impeller plastic swells and affects pumps. I can't say that I've seen this exactly in the Jebao products, but it's possible. In these (limited) cases, I've had success running a drill bit up through the impeller body to ream it out. 

This thread from another forum may also help. It's about a WP40, but it may provide a clue as to another place to look.

Ditto mine is nothing like it was new not even close

But my vortechs are still hammering. Not knocking jaebo for the price but it's a case of get what you pay for.

Tom, I used a new toothbrush, thanks for the information, might have to try it out.

Neto, do you regularly clean the pump to remove any build up that might occur between the impeller and the impeller shaft and slow it down

mine is almost full of coraline and I do scrape algae every now and then but I almost never do a deep clean on it.

Noticed the same thing with mine. It seems to be at 75-80% and its about 4 months old. Used to blow a little sand in else mode, not anymore. I Haven't cleaned it, guess I should soon.

I clean mine about 1x a month or 1.5 months with a toothbrush in vinegar solution. I take the cover off and remove the impellar and scrub everything as well as inside the shaft. After that, it's back to normal. Just par for the course for the money saved.

Mine is almost a year old and I'd never cleaned it. It definitely wasn't moving as much water as it used to. I recently did a vinegar soak and its back to how it was on day 1.

I just cleaned mine & put it back at the maximum setting (like it was) and frogspawn went flying into my nem. lol

In my experience, cleaning the pumps requires a nice overnight vinegar soak and a toothbrush scrubbing. My pumps look like they came out of the box when I'm done and they throw water out of the tank just like day one. I also have extra pumps allowing me to soak overnight. If you're just pulling them out and scrubbing, it won't work as well. Still glad I bought these over wasting 4x the money on Vortechs, especially with all of those rusty wetside pics floating around.

I have two wp40s and one just quit working three weeks before the warranty was out. Fishstreet is sending me the replacement motor for the cost of shipping. For now I can take the cover off and jump start the impeller, hopefully that last until the new motor shows up.

Other than that as long as I keep them clean I'm happy and feel they are almost as strong as the day I bought them. I've never owned a vortech so i don't know what I'm missing there~

i haven't cleaned mine ..been 6 months now..still looks like its pushing water fine...maybe i should clean it...

my pe is good on coral so i didn't bother doing any more...i do take a turkey baster to it every so often 

No they don't, but neither does my skimmer or my MP40's.  Everything needs maintenance, and for the price, well these might need a little more frequent maintenance. 

Hot water with a bit of vinegar every 4-6 months does the trick on both my MP40 wet side and Jebao WP25