coral beauty angelfish / c.bispinosa

monkiboy

They're beautiful!  I showed my wife the video you sent, and she got really excited about the new fish.  I can't wait until they are out of quarantine.  Is one acting dominant at this point?  

They're both very beautiful! Coral beauties are easily sexed aren't they? I think it has to do with the cheek spines though I would have to look it up to be exact. I love the pair I have.

They're beautiful!  I showed my wife the video you sent, and she got really excited about the new fish.  I can't wait until they are out of quarantine.  Is one acting dominant at this point?  

fantastic. she'll enjoy the coloration and activity they provide to your tank. there is one that has been chasing after the others that may emerge as the male but all have been quite peaceful and get along with their other tankmates very well. they'll make a terrific addition especially in the numbers you are considering in a harem which is rarely seen in home aquaria but more natural in my opinion especially fi you have the space.

They're both very beautiful! Coral beauties are easily sexed aren't they? I think it has to do with the cheek spines though I would have to look it up to be exact. I love the pair I have.

thank you. they really are. coral beauty angelfish aren't easily sexed from my research and experience. we know they obviously are all females and one will emerge as male as time goes on and hierarchy is worked out. if the male perishes another will come and take the leading role. if you have any other information please do PM me. love to learn more about centropyge.

Cool seeing a spotlight on a very common and often overlooked fish.  Excellent reminder that it doesn't matter how rare or expensive some fish are, some of the most beautiful ones are right in front of us.  Thanks for this!

Cool seeing a spotlight on a very common and often overlooked fish.  Excellent reminder that it doesn't matter how rare or expensive some fish are, some of the most beautiful ones are right in front of us.  Thanks for this!

That's the way I look at it.  After losing some fish when I was traveling, I had a chance to have a small colony of angels again.  I decided on bispinosa because they can be so stunning.  Plus they are not usually the holy terrors that my old flamebacks and cherubs were.  Looks like Marcos found me some very nice ones.

• 2 weeks later...

They are in the tank, and looking great!  Thanks so much!

Will post photos when one slows down enough to smile and pose.

They are in the tank, and looking great!  Thanks so much!

Will post photos when one slows down enough to smile and pose.

awesome to hear - thanks for posting up, sir.

look forward to the photos and updates!

A few quick and dirty shots.  For me, the only good way to get a nice shot of a feisty fish like an angel is to sit and wait, shoot a few hundred photos, and take the 2-3 that worked.  No time for that today, but here are some that show off the guys' colors and social interactions.

angel_1912_zps32b3aeca.jpg

angel_1896_zpscfb9d8c7.jpg

angel_1894_zps83b25f1b.jpg

Thanks again, Marcos!

Edited by mogurnda

A few quick and dirty shots.  For me, the only good way to get a nice shot of a feisty fish like an angel is to sit and wait, shoot a few hundred photos, and take the 2-3 that worked.  No time for that today, but here are some that show off the guys' colors and social interactions.

angel_1912_zps32b3aeca.jpg

angel_1896_zpscfb9d8c7.jpg

angel_1894_zps83b25f1b.jpg

Thanks again, Marcos!

dave, you're welcome sir. those are some pretty awesome photos. was that with your phone and a flash?!

they look to be having a blast.

has the presumed male maintained his status in the group you got as such?

dave, you're welcome sir. those are some pretty awesome photos. was that with your phone and a flash?!

they look to be having a blast.

has the presumed male maintained his status in the group you got as such?

It's with a PowerShot G12.  I could get some fantastic pictures if they ever slowed down.

The largest one is definitely still dominant.  In a tank this size and with this much rock, plus the releatively low aggression of the species, there is not a lot of domineering going on.   

Wow! Those look fantastic! Makes me want some!

Go for it!  I love them.