Sick Fish

Spelter

(edited)

My clownfish (Jackson) has taken a turn for the worse. I noticed some unsual behavior earlier this week, not sleeping in usual location, not as active durinig feeding (ate frozen brine shrimp yesterday). Currently, she is on the botton of the tank, doing the “gasping” thing. 

I had this fish for coming on 3.5 years and it has lived a paticullary hard life (first fish). Its survived moving to DC, 3 tank upgrades, rough water parameters as I learned, and even a near electrocution that nuked everything else in the tank (wife, gf at the time, dropped the light in the tank). Is it possible she’s just old? 

Water parameters: 

SG 1.024

Temp 76F 

pH 8.0 

Ammonia- undetectable 

Nitrite- undetectable

Nitrate- undetectable 

Phosphate- undetectable

KH 143.2 

Ca- 225 

All other fish look, and acting great. Nothing new has been added to the tank since January. For 3 weeks I have been doing weekly water changes with a new box of salt (reef crystals) but this is my usual brand. Nothing remarkable about the fish (no flesh wounds, discharge, discolorations, etc) Still looks great just not mobile and gasping. 

Edited by Spelter

Hmm   Having a fish and know the age are two different things.  But I am really happy to hear they live that long cause i have two pairs that are each 5 years old and we really love them!  They prob will outlive mer   LOL

Seems to be on the mend now. Still sticking to the bottom of the tank and not active but no more gasping or obvious signs of distress. 

Fully recovered. Eating again. Mystery...