LEDs on a standard timer

PK3

Does anyone know if it's harmful to LED lights to be on a standard on/off timer, whereby the lights are instantly turning on or off at full intensity?  I'm assuming not, as it would be no different than the LED lights in my house that are controlled by the flick of a switch?  Not sure, but thought I'd ask.  Thanks.

No problem at all. From what I understand, dimming the LEDs is actually just turning them on/off at such a high frequency that your eye perceives them as being dimmed. 

I have my LEDs on digital lamp timers, and have been running them like that for over a year with no issues. 

No problem at all. From what I understand, dimming the LEDs is actually just turning them on/off at such a high frequency that your eye perceives them as being dimmed. 

I have my LEDs on digital lamp timers, and have been running them like that for over a year with no issues. 

yeah some guy at work told me that too. I have 2 D2040's I have 2 separate dimmers, too early to say from experience as the lights are only a couple of months old but so far so good

Same as using a dj switch, IMO, shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks for the responses, everyone. I now feel better about putting my LEDs on timers and without dimming them first.

No problem at all. From what I understand, dimming the LEDs is actually just turning them on/off at such a high frequency that your eye perceives them as being dimmed

I didn't realize that, but that's pretty darn cool.