Rust oleum Never Wet

Mattiejay6

I was reading an article about this product on reef breeders and saw it today in Home Depot.. They were talking about some cool applications of it. What do you all think?

http://reefbuilders.com/2013/06/25/aquarium-neverwet-waterproofing-solution/

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Rust-Oleum-Stops-Rust-18-oz-NeverWet-Multi-Purpose-Spray-Kit-274232/204216476#.Ucyywcu9KSM

That stuff looks pretty cool. The cardboard box beer coolers are going to be a hit at college dorms. iphones should come standard with this stuff already on them.  

Lowe's and Home Depot are also selling a deck coating that is supposed to put a thick layer of a liquid composite over wood.  I'll be that would be an awesome stand liner too.

Does it dry clear? I will be the first one to spray my outside glass of my dt. Goodbye salt stains!

I bought some to play around with and this stuff is awesome! I tried it with a paper towel and lol was running it under a faucet and the water glides right off.... So cool! I like the inside of a skimmer cup idea

Q: Are the materials and the hydrophobic coating non-toxic?
A: Yes, it is non-toxic. We recommend that you don’t touch the coated 
portion of the products as you may get some white, chalky powder on your
hands. The oils from your hand will also destroy the coating. It is not
harmful, but we recommend that you wash your hands with soap and water 
if you do make contact.

Q: Can NeverWet be applied to glass?
A: Yes, but the glass will no longer be transparent. NeverWet dries to a Flat Frosted Clear color, therefore, it should never be applied to windshields or automobile windows. NeverWet will work on any glass that you want to have superhydrophobic properties, but don’t need to see through.

Q: Can NeverWet be used on electronics?
A: No, NeverWet should not be used on electronics

Very cool stuff.  

I hope they do enough testing to take this to the baby's room.  I see this as a potential butt cream replacement.  I really dislike that stuff.  Just don't get it on the new diaper... that would be an awful mess.  :(

I did..

It conforms to the surface you spray it too.. It does not add a texture.. At least for me it did not. I tried it on some scrap pergo and the back of my stand. It blends to the color pretty well it seems like.. It does lighten up darker colors a little.. As far as wear goes.. Handling it and touching it I am not seeing much change if my at all or it even coming off on my hands. I am sure over time tho it will wear off. Too good to be permanent.

After letting it sit all night I woke up to find that I did not like the way it looked it in the morning on the wood.. Gave it an antique type of look... Amazing stuff if you find the right application tho..

Probably wouldn't put it inside the neck. You need the foam to climb the neck and with this stuff it probably will just slide back down.