RODI water temperature?

miggs76

Is 75 degrees going through my RODI too warm for the membranes? I am getting MUCH more water output and making 5 gallons in less than an hour where before when I was using cold water it was taking almost double that time. I read online that 72 degrees is optimal. Is that right? Thanks!

75 is fine. Right close to the sweet spot. It helps with efficiency. How are you getting it so warm?

I'm just turning the cold handle on my sink full blast, and the warm handle about 1/4 of a turn. I waited a few minutes then took the temp of the water coming out and got 75. So this sounds good?

I've read that it's not good to run water that's come from you hot water heater through your RO/DI system. It supposedly has higher TDS. Why don't you drop a note to the guys at AWI and see what they have to say? Feel free to post their response here so that we can all learn if this is a good or a bad thing.

I've read that it's not good to run water that's come from you hot water heater through your RO/DI system. It supposedly has higher TDS. Why don't you drop a note to the guys at AWI and see what they have to say? Feel free to post their response here so that we can all learn if this is a good or a bad thing.

I have the BRS 5 stage. It comes with a TDS input output digital reader. So far the output is still 0.0

I've put in an email to BRS and when they get back to me I'll post up. Thanks.

It leaches lead and not necessarily the water heater but the pipes from it tend to absorb it and the first few seconds of hot water push it through...what I do if I am using hot water for anything is let it run for a minute or so first then use the water, now if you are in a new home with plex or flex pipe and an instant heater id say no prob...but personally I would not run hot water through my RODI

Edited by smallreef

BRS emailed me back. They said 77 degrees is what their brand of filters is rated for so if I'm at 75 degrees they said it is no problem whatsoever. I would imagine if there is any lead, a 5 stage filter would get rid of it....isn't that the purpose of a filter anyway to get rid of the solids in the water?

0 TDS out would seem to mean it's fine. You may, however, run through filters more quickly. If you have a RODI reservoir with a float switch, it will always be full. Then you won't care about the rate and can go back to cold input only.