Clams Eye Candy!

I ought to delete the green teardrop... Byron wouldn't sell it to me this past weekend. That is probably the nicest clam I have ever seen.

Oh believe me, he will sell it! You just dont want to know how much! :biggrin:

Guest Bemmer

John,

Your clams are awesome. Unfortunately, I have to hold off on clams for awhile. My majestic angel has taken a liking to their mantles. Someday...hopefully in 2007, I am going to get one of those awesome look down tanks and fill it with clams...just like someone we know....hey Jess.

:biggrin: Yea Yea-- EA has one at an awesome price! I still can't believe nobody has picked it up yet! Such a cool tank if I must say so myself... You'll see, you will come over on sunday and see it, then head to ea and buy the big one!! :biggrin:

-Jess

(edited)

as soon as I get a decent camera I'm going to snap a shot of my clam, how do you get the lookdown shots with the ripples in the water??

Edited by lletellier

Well I can't take credit for this, I copied the one John at BRK uses.

Take a piece of acrylic. Get a large diameter PVC pipe (I used a 6" union fitting).

Glue the acrylic to one side of the pipe. Let dry. Make sure that this seal is water tight.

Then to take pictures place the acrylic side into the water. Just enough so that it is below the surface. That way you can photograph from the top down, without interference from the surface of the water.

Basically you are making goggles for your camera!

my first clam .. got it this afternoon so it still hasn't opened up fully yet

DSC01477.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Here are mines

clams.JPG

Nice! Drooling. Waiting patiently for our tank to season. Four months down; eight to go. "All I want for Christmas is a nice blue clam..." Hmm hmm hmmm....

Do you have them sitting on GSP? If so, any good reason?

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Here is a great shot of my T. derasa clam in the greenhouse taken by Tony Vargas this past weekend. Finally a photograph that truly captures the beauty of this clam. Amazing that when viewed from the side though glass, this clam appears almost plain brown with white stripes, just a hint of color. Not so when viewed from above. This is why my next tank will be a reef pond!

post-1678-12740676762_thumb.jpg

Here is a great shot of my T. derasa clam in the greenhouse taken by Tony Vargas this past weekend. Finally a photograph that truly captures the beauty of this clam. Amazing that when viewed from the side though glass, this clam appears almost plain brown with white stripes, just a hint of color. Not so when viewed from above. This is why my next tank will be a reef pond!

Hey - I was there when the photo was taken. WOW, that looks awesome.

Hey - I was there when the photo was taken. WOW, that looks awesome.

You forgot your coral too. Now I have an excuse to finally come see your tank :)